+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood Draining on a pally

Blood Draining on a pally

From what ive been told blood draining enchant on a pally counteracts the argent defender proc..making it not proc if i end up getting hit hard enough to die.. but with my parry going up more i see blade ward proc less and less.. so im wondering if i should switch over to blood draining or keep blade ward.. maybe even go back to mongoose

Quote Originally Posted by Alihu View Post
    From what ive been told blood draining enchant on a pally counteracts the argent defender proc..making it not proc if i end up getting hit hard enough to die.. but with my parry going up more i see blade ward proc less and less.. so im wondering if i should switch over to blood draining or keep blade ward.. maybe even go back to mongoose
    New design of AD doesn't interact with BD in any way.

It has synergy with the damage reduction portion of the talent.

AoE tick takes you under 35%. Blood draining heals you 2k and brings you back over 35%. Mob swings, you get the going under 35% damage reduction again. That's my logic for having it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Davout View Post
    It has synergy with the damage reduction portion of the talent.

AoE tick takes you under 35%. Blood draining heals you 2k and brings you back over 35%. Mob swings, you get the going under 35% damage reduction again. That's my logic for having it anyways.
    You would get the going under 35% damage reduction anyway, Blood Draining has nothing to do with it.

the new ardent defender affects damage taken when you're below 35%, but it is smart now. before, say you had 30k health, 35% would be roughly 10k (it's too early for math). if you were at 11k and you got hit for 10k, none of that would be reduced. Now, with the new ardent defender, you will take the first 1k damage unmitigated. now you're at 10k. ARDENT DEFENDER RANGE! the next 9k will be reduced by 30% and become ~6k (3k reduced).

side note-I still roll with accuracy, I've heard they made some changes to blade warding to give it more up-time but I haven't tried it yet

Quote Originally Posted by Hengist View Post
    You would get the going under 35% damage reduction anyway, Blood Draining has nothing to do with it.
    That makes that damage reduction far better than I thought. Thanks for clearing that up.

+ Reply to Thread