+ Reply to Thread

Thread: on the spot gearing frustations

on the spot gearing frustations

I am long time reader of the forums but this is my first time posting.

First off - i use several mods to help me when choosing Gear on the spot while in a raid. I use RatingsBuster along with Tankpoints. I have even tried using the available spreadsheets but they all seem out of date and missing many new 3.2 badge items and gems.

Anyway I'll get to the point - was running uldar 10 and had a few drops.

I currently have Shield Wall of Terror and we kill Hodir 10 hard mode and get Shield Wall of the breaker. TankPoints and RatingsBuster were putting the uldar shield in negatives (total reduction, health, etc). All the other tanks were telling me to take it and "its a huge upgrade". It also has a lower item level than the Wall of Terror from Kt25.

I also have a little bit of trouble deciding on rings to wear as well. Some of the rings with lower item levels seem more beneficial that others when looking at Tankpoints and Ratingbuster evaluations.

Usually staying +def capped isn't a problem, i am over my a few points, so i can be flexible with my gear.

I also have read some of the gear lists provided in the stickies and it seems like most are broken up too much. some focus on gear that is just badge and heroic but doesn't compare uldar-10 gear with the naxx 25 gear. Others focus on nothing but ToC gear and thats it. I haven't found the master list of "this is the best and here they all are in order from heroic blues to toc 25 h"

Any help or advice is welcome, thanks.
    Last edited by kthnx; 09-18-2009 at 06:51 AM. Reason: ss

Shieldwall of the Breaker is from Auriaya, and it is similar to Wall of Terror from KT. The shield from Hodir 10 hardmode is The Boreal Guard, which has significantly more survivability than either of the other two you mentioned. I'm not sure how you are getting item levels, but the KT shield is 213, the Auriaya one is 219, and the Hodir hardmode one is 232.

Wall of Terror is iLvl 226 and is quite a bit better than Shieldwall of the breaker imo, The boreal guard from hodir is better than both though if that's the one he meant.

Apologies, it's the 219 from auriaya. I did compare the boreal guard and my tankpoints/ratingbuster said it was better than KT's shield and the other shield.

+ Reply to Thread