15 45.45%
  • Orc

15 45.45%
  • Undead

3 9.09%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rerolling hord, what race

@Sirloinsteak I believe that the racial was changed to only effect base HP.

@Kree About Blood Fury: with the removal of AP from items in Cataclysm, do you think that the racial will also be changed to grant a different bonus?

i would definitely pick an orc since they are the best warrior class in the game, and have been for awhile.

free ap trinket on a 2 minute cd to give arms something extra since you dont have any cd's to use during burn phases other than shattering throw. cataclysm wont be out for awhile so you dont have to worry really about the "no more ap" thing.

you get 5 expertise with axes, which makes it very easy to hit fury expertise cap (axes are the best dps weapons in the game as well, excluding ulduar). plus the legendary dps axe that will drop in icecrown will make orcs even more attractive. yeh people talk about how there are only 2 options in game for tank axes, but last laugh compared to titanguard is basically the same stats. watch, i'd almost bet money the next tanking weapon released in the next raid zone will be an axe. (how long did orcs wait to use their axe racial in bc....black temple)

minor stun resist is meh since you wont get stunned much as dps or tank, but helps in arenas quite a bit.

as tanking, there isnt much, but the other horde classes dont have any tanking related racials except tauren, and even then theirs is minor (5% base hp bonus). plus you get a little threat boost with blood fury since aoe is based off ap (tclap and shockwave).

if you do anything other than just tank, orcs will win hands down. if all you are going to do is tank, its a tie between orcs and taurens (only because of cows ~500 hp difference from 5% base hp).

im actually waiting on race changes to become available so i can switch my tauren to orc.

edit: forgot to mention the best orc racial, pro looking shoulders!
    Last edited by Destruyen; 09-19-2009 at 12:05 PM.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

@Kree About Blood Fury: with the removal of AP from items in Cataclysm, do you think that the racial will also be changed to grant a different bonus?
    Kinda hard to say, but what i think they might do , is they replace it with agi. Now, blizz said allready on Blizzcon that they want to go back and put more "base stats" on items, no def and so one but more stamina for example, they also said agi could be interessting for tanks again in the future aswell.

In fact theres 3 versions of Blood Fury, Warloc only, Shamy only and DK / Warrior/ Hunter / Rogue so they might just replace AP on our BF with agi OR make 4th version with Str and split them to Rogue / Hunter with agi - and Warrior / DK with str.

but, noone really knows

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    im actually waiting on race changes to become available so i can switch my tauren to orc.

edit: forgot to mention the best orc racial, pro looking shoulders!

QFT, I will be changing my Tauren to Orc as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranid View Post
    QFT, I will be changing my Tauren to Orc as well.
    yeh i had an alt orc warrior in bc for arenas/dps and occaisional tanking while i kept my tauren prot, wanted to lvl my orc but my tauren had more achievements/titles.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Tauren...is what I am. Thanks for all the help and inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by araisbeck View Post
    A DK/Hunter-only axe.
    No its not, that was meant as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Priest77 View Post
    No its not, that was meant as a joke.
    Ah okay, thanks for clarifying that.

Tauren.

Warstomp - Since your going to be spending a solid amount of time tanking stuff other than Heroics, you would be surprised how often this is used. It helps in aggro in AOE situations, adds another stun and is fun in PVE.

Stamina buff - every HP helps. Did someone say effective health?

Alchemy - So I actually use this small, almost pointless buff. 3600hp heal and a limitless heal pot rocks for a class with no heals. (though I admit some other professions offer effectively better bonus' - I got an alt for those)

Its all about what ya like. DOOO EEETTTTT!

+ Reply to Thread