• Orc

15 45.45%
  • Undead

3 9.09%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rerolling hord, what race

Rerolling hord, what race

So we are doing FC to hord, cause of the lack of good swedish ally players...
    I need some advise with race...
    Warrior tank, and currently ranked the races as folllowing.

1.Tauren
    2.Orc
    3.UD
    4.troll
    Help is needed, reroll is on sunday.
    Last edited by Spice; 09-18-2009 at 01:55 PM.

What about trolls, mon?

Racial traits

Berserking Activate to increase attack and casting speed by 20%. 3 minute cooldown.
    Regeneration
    Increase health regeneration bonus by 10%. Also allows 10% of normal health regenerate during combat.
    Beast Slaying
    5% damage bonus to Beasts.
    Throwing Weapon Specialization
    Increase Throwing Weapon crit chance by 1%.
    Bow Specialization Increase Bow crit chance by 1%.
    Da Voodoo Shuffle
    Reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 15%. Trolls be flippin' out mon!

Few of the very much worth it, mon!

Tauren have more HP
    Orcs have expertise
    Undeads break fear

Because I won't let something rather insignificant like racials affect me in a choice like this I go for looks. I would pick Undead.

Also: I know it's 25 bucks but why not faction change if the reroll is simply to escape the baddies.

Tauren is my personal favorite but it's former "YOU MUST BE A TAUREN TANK TO MIN/MAX" racial is just not a real factor anymore. Herbalism racial is pretty useless. Warstomp can help with trash sometimes but not a huge plus.

Orc weapon racial is decent, but not really necessary. Blood fury is kinda meh as a tank, it might help your threat a bit. Hardiness is ok. Orc's probably have the best combination of racials to benefit a tank in my opinion.

UD look cool and have cool animations, but as a warrior WotF isn't going to be a huge benefit over zerker rage, so racials are basically bunk and it becomes aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

My fault, ment ofc factionchange =D,

My first taught was to go troll, but everyoen in our guild whants to see me as a big cow...so I checked the racials some, beeing human now, seemed that UD was the closest to what I have now..but troll seems to be real nice aswell =D...

After just finishing the books for warcraft I would be rolling a Orc Warrior for sure!

Tauren. Tauren. Tauren.

tauren id say ... no tanking axes in toc at all so bye bye orc racial ... and hp is a big stat with the amount that you get hit for in toc, threat is hardly an issue at all in toc, its all about survival and will of the forsaken wont do anything for you

I'd say orc. Best racials overall, imo. Hardiness and 5 expertise are both really nice. Then you have a cool dps boost racial that you can use if you find urself rage starved or just wanna set some tps records. Who cares if there are no tanking axes in toc... are you done raiding after this patch, lol?

I also think playing a huge tauren might seem fun at first, but might end up bothering you later on. Unless you want to carry around stacks of deviate delight everywhere you go.
    Last edited by Dragaan; 09-18-2009 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragaan View Post
    I'd say orc. Best racials overall, imo. Hardiness and 5 expertise are both really nice. Then you have a cool dps boost racial that you can use if you find urself rage starved or just wanna set some tps records. Who cares if there are no tanking axes in toc... are you done raiding after this patch, lol?

I also think playing a huge tauren might seem fun at first, but might end up bothering you later on. Unless you want to carry around stacks of deviate delight everywhere you go.

yeah your clearly right 5% extra hp and an aoe stun are bad for warriors ... take an orc and hope for the love of god they keep making axes as tank weapons in every patch and expansion, a small chance to resist a stun .. and dont forget that extra dmg your warrior pet is gunna do ... wow awesome :S

Quote Originally Posted by Spice View Post
    My fault, ment ofc factionchange =D,

My first taught was to go troll, but everyoen in our guild whants to see me as a big cow...so I checked the racials some, beeing human now, seemed that UD was the closest to what I have now..but troll seems to be real nice aswell =D...
    I got a Troll and love it, only thing is that the boots wont show, its you walking around in bear feet :P but i like it. the racial is pretty sweet (hp regen and berserking)

Taurens are cool too, big fat cows (and got the best racials for tanking i think) XD my shaman is in fact a cow, and i really like it, /moo ftw

also had annother shaman on eu servers as a orc in vanilla times, dont really know how they are today. but the racial would be terrible for a tank (back then it reduced healing taken by 50% or smtn like that...) now i dont know... but wouldnt go for it, since most tanking weapons are swords.

but imo, Troll all the way =) yaa maan
    Last edited by Trork; 09-18-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Go Orc, for several reasons:

1/ Tauren are huge. This can cause issues with line of sight, and occasionally with movement if you're too tall to fit through a low gap. Also, it's only +5% base health - which is only a few hundred hp if I remember correctly - which doesn't scale with gear or buffs. Not exactly ground breaking.

2/ Orcs are super cool.

3/ So what if there are no tanking axes? With the amount of defense rating being given by T9 gear, you can just pick up one of the excellent dps axes that drop there (though you may have to fight a rogue or shaman for them). Even the 2.6 speed ones would be fantastic, due to buffed devastate and bigger revenges. Not to mention defense is being done away with in the next expansion, so plan ahead!

4/ Blood Fury may be a small buff, but it's a buff none the less and may help push those enrage timers. Use on the pull to help your dps commense nuking asap.

5/ Stun resist...not the most useful for a tank, generally speaking. But against Faction Champions, just may prove to be useful.

6/ Lastly, on a non-tank related note, Orcs make the best DPS Warriors. Hands down. So if you ever choose to dual spec you'll be in a great position to do so.

Well, orcs do get really BIG shoulder armor... so you look more intimidating and fearsome... but taurens are big and have horns. The armor doesn't fit as well on trolls, or undead, a lot of the time... these are generally the type of things I look for, seeing which type of character I'm going to want to look at in the long run, and then just consider the racials as a bonus.

I personally roll as an orc warrior. I get big shoulders o' doom, and free 5 expertise if i find a tanking axe (yes I realize there are not many)
    I tried leveling a tauren, but was suprised at just how in the way their big furry behinds are.
    Troll racial of 10% health regen while in combat....my regen is 37 health per second OUT of combat, woohoo for 3.7 hps while XT drops his fist on your head?
    Undead racials seem more pvp oriented to me, like an extra pvp trinket?
    And last but not least....orcs have a cool dance!
    I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Sirloinsteak View Post
    yeah your clearly right 5% extra hp and an aoe stun are bad for warriors ... take an orc and hope for the love of god they keep making axes as tank weapons in every patch and expansion, a small chance to resist a stun .. and dont forget that extra dmg your warrior pet is gunna do ... wow awesome :S
    Icecrown's legendary is an axe.

We dont want someone from alliance that can't even spell "horde" right :P

Just kidding. All my horde characters at 80 are Orc. If you plan to raid, orc is the way to go for most classes. An extra trinket and any pet class gets 5% more pet damage.. PLUS axe spec (which helps shaman, warriors, rogues, and lolhunters.. though last I heard expertise on a hunter affects their pets..) so.. No reason not to go orc if you're going for PVE.

Plus we have the best racial in the game.. the shoulder graphics!
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

Tauren got around 9-10k hp at lvl 80 making the 5% be ~500hp.
    The cool graphics on the Orcs is a nice thing and truly one should not go for racials, though these may change in the future.
    Undead is only for the looks and the animation on abilities etc...best movement ingame imo.

But still thorn...darn, were having raid on sunday, and this makes me lie sleepless at night....

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Icecrown's legendary is an axe.
    A DK/Hunter-only axe.

wow there is some bad maths out there ... 5% hp of the normal tanking hp of around 35k .. is an extra 1750 hp ... not even close to the few hundred people are quoting ... i know when i xfered from alliance to horde as tauren i gained over 1500hp and people who are claiming they are to big L2 scroll out or not set ur view to directly behind your char all the time .. i have never once had a problem with feeling to big

Im playing orc since realese now and.. it can really sucks as a warrior...

1. Blood Fury - ok , thats nice , bonus AP is since Wotlk really nice racial even for a tank, in classic / bc was kinda "oh whatever".

2. Hardiness - in 99% of encounter really doensnt matter...

3. Command - usefull as Dk or Hunter....

4. Axe Specialization - yes! +5 expertise when using axes / fist weapons.
    It can be usefull but only if theres allways tanking axe in current content...
    In Wotlk till now we only hat 2 tanking axes :

- argent crussade axes ilvl200
    - Last Laugh (naxx 25) ilvl 226

In Totc you have swords and maces only so using LL now would be huge downgrade for any tank that has Shiver, Sorthalis or any of ToTC tanking weapons.
    We had same story in BC already, using Brutalizer when u had Dragonscale Longblade was downgrading aswell (ok, those days it was worth becouse u had really only few items with expertise but now u only have to look on ToTC loot - so much expertise on it so you can cap yourself twice - so , you wont use LL in ToTC , becouse u easly can be capped without axe...)

Anyway, orc racial can really be an issue , becouse, as any other race you will just pick up the best tanking weapon you can get.

And theres something more... after those 4 years i just hate orc animations.. i mean , they are fat, hit really strange and specials are defenitly not awsome.. they dont fit on 90% of mouts (like orc on a chopper...) so, if i could choose again i will prolly pick up a cow^^

+ Reply to Thread