+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Having trouble deciding a class..

Having trouble deciding a class..

I'm in a dilemma and I can't seem to get myself out of it. I have an 80 pally and an 80 warrior, both prot. My warrior was our guilds MT during the Naxx and OS phase of WotLK. I rolled my paladin simple for progression through the OS +drake phase and sort of just phased my warrior out due to prot paladins different tanking style, along with different abilites.

Now, I'm taking an interest in Prot warriors again but I fear they may not get the attention needed to catch my interest. So I guess my question is, if it was you, which would you pick? Now I understand its all based on playstyle and what you enjoy most but I'm still interested on responses.

Personally, I'd pick a warrior but I'd be flying in the face of the technical superiority of the paladin tanking class at this point.

Warrior tanks can definitely get the job done, but pally tanks have some definite advantages in threat, aoe tanking and damage mitigation that currently give them the edge.

Paladins also have the benefit of being more versatile then a warrior, in that they can heal. What you may try is off-speccing your paladin to holy, and off-speccing your Warrior to Arms (or Fury, if you can get some good gear). That way, you have all three roles covered, and can bring in either a tank that can dps or a tank that can heal on fights were you're not needed to tank.

+ Reply to Thread