+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to be a better tank

How to be a better tank

Im stuck on markings is there a set way or can i just mark as i want?

Also im finding it hard to keep threat the mobs die but its abit of a push I farm gold save up for better gear and still i get no better ide like to be a tank but should I re-roll?

Armory!

As for the marking, checkout this slideshow:

Marking Targets made Simple - Warriors - TankingTips.com

For marking most groups tend to use skull and x for the first kill targets. To make it quick and easy there is luckycharms its an addon that puts a nifty bar with all the marks and a ready check button in easy reach. or you can go the long route and hotkey everything. In terms of threat cant help you much unless we know what your already doing. Are you keeping Shield slam and revenge on cd using sword and board procs? using devastate and keeping 5 stacks up? using heroic strike or cleave when your over 50 rage? thunderclap and shockwave for aoe pulls? your spec can use a little work as well since im assuming your tanking primarily heroics and maybe naxx the best threat build is as follows

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

many dont maxx shield spec but since your running mostly heroics you may get some use out of the last point in it or you can move 1 point to vigilance

I just set keybinds for all the markings on my number pad. I have to take my hand off the mouse to mark but it means I dont have to look at what I am doing and can keep running or cycling attacks.

Open keybinds and scroll down to raid markings. 1-8 skull through diamond, 9 = clear marked target.

I useally Charge>Thunderclap>Cleave>Devastate two times on first mob then Tab Devastate two times on the second Etc.. But working up to a 5 stack. I dont use Shockwave. But thanks ill go download that addon now anymore advice would be great. Thanks

best additions to aoe threat i can think of, if the group does have a primary target use sword and board procs and revenges on it, if not cycle them in as they come up on the mobs, what i generally do is charge in thunderclap cycle through my abilities on them once i have a good reserve of rage through it all i shockwave and when they come back up i pop shield block to get as much damage shield procs off when they hit me for more threat

Enchant your gear: Armsman for your mittens and accuracy or weapon chain for your sword.

+ Reply to Thread