+ Reply to Thread

Thread: all around help

all around help

me and my OT are always raiding together and recently i upgraded my gear a little. i noticed that even though he hasnt upgraded any of his gear, i am losing threat to him. use to i could start a fight and go bio break before he got close to catching me in threat. so just all around advice please. looking for help on gear, enchants, gems, stats, talents, and anything about rotations. here is my armory:

The World of Warcraft Armory

thanks. i look forward to your replies.

Well from a gearing/enchant/gems, your setup is pretty solid. Your exp is over soft cap and your hit is very respectable. Without knowing more it's hard to speculate, but if your OT is a pally and we are talking about multi-mob tanking then the scenario you describe above is somewhat common place.

Warriors are front loaded for threat pretty well, but compared to a paladin for example, over the course of a pull it's hard to out AoE threat them. There could also be alot of other reasons including rage issues, mis-taunting, or improper rotation usage.

Make sure your using SS & Revenge as often as you can as these will really help you build threat and keep aggro. On single targets, you should have no issue holding a boss for example provided both your OT & group realize you require a few seconds to grab aggro.

It would help to know what class your OT is (Warrior, DK, Pally, Druid)?

Also, what's your rotation? It's helpful to start stacking Devastates/Sunders asap to hold your target. If you can start off with a Heroic Throw (high threat), Charge, Shieldslam, & AoE (Thunderclap & Shockwave). Then get some Sunders up and you should be good.

Do you use Vigilance effectively? On the correct target vigilance is beast. I glyph for it when I need threat. I use devastate glyph as well, but I see you have that taken care of.

Of course make sure your sword and board procs are getting used, and your on top of the heroic strike spam and you should be putting out great TPS.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

i hardly ever use heroic strike. should i use it more often?
    my usual rotation is this:
    HT, charge, SS, TCLAP, DEV to build up sunders, SS REV Shockwave and tclap when available.

where should i try to work in HS?

is my spec ok? i changed it a while back to go for the impale>deep wounds.

for future ref, what do i need to focus on as far as stats now?

edit:my OT is a pally.
    Last edited by kegger; 09-17-2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: more info.....

You should use heroic strike on every melee hit where you aren't going to rage starve yourself - i.e. use it on every single hit where your rage is greater than 50.

This is quite difficult to achieve in practice. Consider binding it to your mouse scroll.

I notice in your rotation you don't mention devastate again after 'to build up sunders' - you should use this in any spare slot where you don't have to refresh demo shout or thunderclap, and when conc blow and shockwave are on cooldown.

If you do a search, there was a great flowchart someplace to show which moves to use for a single target threat situation.

If you are talking about an AoE situation, there is very little you can do to keep aggro off a well-played paladin. Don't worry about it
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

how does my spec look? and is there anyway i could squeeze more health out of my gear without losing exp soft cap and defense? do i need to strive to get the hit cap?

Your spec'd the exact same as I, except I have 2 less points in cruelty for imp. disciplines.

I would consider swapping out Glyph of sunder armor, and replacing it with vigilance, revenge, or heroic strike for threat. Personally I would swap bloodrage for commanding minor, big quality of life improvement.

The Single Target Flowchart is located here. It's very helpful. Since the buffs to devastate you can realistically remove C. Blow and SW (especially if you have 2pc t8/t9 and glyphd for devastate) from the flow chart with minimal impact to your TPS.

Heroic strike is different from most other attacks. It is NOT on the global cooldown, it's on your Next Melee Swing. Therefore you can use it at the same time as shield slam, revenge, devastate etc. Heroic strike is a rage dump tool; use it when your rage is above 50 so your not wasting rage. It's also a huge TPS increase.

Your expertise and hit ratings are decent, I rarely carry over 5% hit, I prefer lots of expertise. I never gem or itemize for hit unless I HAVE to interrupt, when I HAVE to taunt I use a taunt glyph

Your way over the defense minimum, I would consider 250 armor to cloak and the PvP shoulder enchant. 30 stam and 250 armor is some good EH.

Oh and paladin threat is beast right now, I wouldnt worry too much; especially in aoe situations. I'm not saying don't try you damnedest to hold aggro over him, just don't worry if you don't always succeed.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

+ Reply to Thread