+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms/Fury dps and ArP doubt

Arms/Fury dps and ArP doubt

Hello, I'm new in this forum
    I've decide to post here 'cause I need an opinion about my gear and my dps.
    My armoury is: The World of Warcraft Armory

I think my gear is pretty ok, thinking about I can't do raids like ulduar or toc.
    But at the moment, with this gear and spec, my dps isnt improving a lot, reaching about 3.5k as max in raids like os25 or voa25, fully buffed.
    I think is not much compared to other classes, like hunters or locks, that can do 5.0k + dps with an equivalent level gear.
    I also do the correct rotation, but..

Do u think changing to fury, with this gear, will improve my dps? or the probs is another?

And to finish, I see a lot of people saying to take ArP over ArP, to reach 75% or plus of ArP...but i think its pretty impossible, without leaving other stats like hit or expertise uncapped...i'm correct or not?

Wrong forum moved.

and no Keizer, with Ulduar+ gearing you can achieve high arp levels without losing hit/expertise caps. Destruyen is a shining example.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

cant really comment on your gear atm since armory caught you in tank gear, but arms will beat fury at comparable gear lvls until top end ulduar gear (hardmodes) with at least ilvl 232 weapons.

it is easy to maintain hit and expertise cap while reaching massive arp levels...i was sitting around 76% when i got my 2pc t9 bonus. as i've upgraded other pieces ive put some str gems in to actually lower my arp since i use runestone as a trinket. currently i sit at 61% arp before the trinket proc (16% arp wasted on proc, but helps when its on its 45 sec icd).
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    cant really comment on your gear atm since armory caught you in tank gear, but arms will beat fury at comparable gear lvls until top end ulduar gear (hardmodes) with at least ilvl 232 weapons.

it is easy to maintain hit and expertise cap while reaching massive arp levels...i was sitting around 76% when i got my 2pc t9 bonus. as i've upgraded other pieces ive put some str gems in to actually lower my arp since i use runestone as a trinket. currently i sit at 61% arp before the trinket proc (16% arp wasted on proc, but helps when its on its 45 sec icd).
    First, thank for the answer!
    I see..than I have to raid ulduar to haven't got prob balacing stats..but its pretty impossible to raid for me at the moment.
    If u try to look my armory again (hopefully when im not tanking) you'll see I have the almost better pieces pre-raid, so maybe I cant reach another "level" atm. With my 219lvl weapon then, as u say, its useless going fury, better if stay arms.

Take another look if u can at my armoury, and if there are some advices you can give to me, it will be nice ty

ok, caught you in your dps set.

you have alot of nice pre-ulduar raid gear indeed. and very good job hitting the hit and expertise caps on the dot though gemming. there is a 16ap/12stam gem in your boots, you should switch it to 8str/12stam at least (to keep your socket bonus to stay right at hit cap) since str > ap when you factor in not only kings, but also strength of arms talent in the arms tree (+4% str).

i harp on alot of warriors using weird pvp gear, but in your case the cloak is a viable option since it has massive hit on it. i would suggest grinding emblems or pugging a naxx25 to get the 7.5 legs to drop (yeh i know 251 ilvl legs down to 213 ilvl) but with the huge expertise on the 7.5 legs, you can change some gems around and/or drop your 2 points in weapon mastery and put them into imp. execute. and the 7.5 legs lasted me for a long time in uld25 due to that massive expertise.

another suggestion would be to get a nobles deck off the ah (str version) and replace your mirror of truth with it. it's one of the best trinkets hands down for warriors. until you get to toc25 and get death's choice off twins, you wont replace it. another is to try pugging a naxx25 for grim toll (yes it is amazing) it will help on your hit so you can replace your neck with the agi one from emblems (broach of wailing night is bis pre-hardmode ulduar) and give you the all powerful arp proc.

as long as you have your rotation down, you should be out-dpsing fury warriors of the same gear lvl, so no need to respec over. remember that fury will not out-dps arms until 2 high ilvl weapons and near bis gear since you wont get the rage gen you need.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    ok, caught you in your dps set.

you have alot of nice pre-ulduar raid gear indeed. and very good job hitting the hit and expertise caps on the dot though gemming. there is a 16ap/12stam gem in your boots, you should switch it to 8str/12stam at least (to keep your socket bonus to stay right at hit cap) since str > ap when you factor in not only kings, but also strength of arms talent in the arms tree (+4% str).

i harp on alot of warriors using weird pvp gear, but in your case the cloak is a viable option since it has massive hit on it. i would suggest grinding emblems or pugging a naxx25 to get the 7.5 legs to drop (yeh i know 251 ilvl legs down to 213 ilvl) but with the huge expertise on the 7.5 legs, you can change some gems around and/or drop your 2 points in weapon mastery and put them into imp. execute. and the 7.5 legs lasted me for a long time in uld25 due to that massive expertise.

another suggestion would be to get a nobles deck off the ah (str version) and replace your mirror of truth with it. it's one of the best trinkets hands down for warriors. until you get to toc25 and get death's choice off twins, you wont replace it. another is to try pugging a naxx25 for grim toll (yes it is amazing) it will help on your hit so you can replace your neck with the agi one from emblems (broach of wailing night is bis pre-hardmode ulduar) and give you the all powerful arp proc.

as long as you have your rotation down, you should be out-dpsing fury warriors of the same gear lvl, so no need to respec over. remember that fury will not out-dps arms until 2 high ilvl weapons and near bis gear since you wont get the rage gen you need.
    Wow amazing reply, very kindly from you
    First, I will replace gem on boots with 8 str/12 sta immediately.
    About legs and pvp gear, I choose back and legs because I think they're better than others pve gear I can obtained. Back for the 42 hit rating that I really need, and legs for huge amount of str and crit, with 2 sockets.
    As u said 7.5 legs have a nice boost on expertise and I can switch to improved execute, but 75 emblems seems to me a little waste for a level 213 item..also considering atm i'm focusing on tanking gear... I will think about it.

As for the trinket, I think u mean Darkmoon Card: Greatness.. I've already put an eye on it from long time the problem is the price...on my server costs up to 5k-5,5k golds, too much for my funds:P but is the best trinket for us, dps warriors, for sure.
    I also will try pugging naxx25 for grim toll, as I have time to raid (very low possibilities) and I'll take broach of wailing night very soon.

Thank 4 the advices, very useful and precise.

Quote Originally Posted by Keizer View Post
    legs for huge amount of str and crit, with 2 sockets.
    As u said 7.5 legs have a nice boost on expertise and I can switch to improved execute, but 75 emblems seems to me a little waste for a level 213 item..also considering atm i'm focusing on tanking gear... I will think about it.
    you have to consider that switching to the 7.5 legs with let you switch your expertise gems in other pieces of your gear with strength, making up the loss from switching from the pvp legs to the 7.5 ones.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread