+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TotC 10 (& 25) - Am I Going the Right Way?

TotC 10 (& 25) - Am I Going the Right Way?

Our guild (casual raiders) just started TotCrusader 10 and last week was our first time getting the Northrend Beasties and Lord Jaraxxus down. I'm the MT and our OT is either another Warrior or Pally.

As an Eng. I've got the enchant on my gloves and been focusing on +Armor and it "seems" to be helping. (For the first two bosses anyway.) Is this the right direction? For my gearing/HP level I've noticed that my armor is sometimes +2K or more over similarly geared tanks. Also, my +Dodge is pretty high right now and I can swap in a Sonic Booster - Item - World of Warcraft for my Valor Medal of the First War - Item - World of Warcraft to get a nice +HP and Threat bump. (I prefer it to the Gossamer.)

The WoW Armory - Apollux

Wrong toon was linked - I am a noob.
    Last edited by Apollux; 09-17-2009 at 09:36 AM. Reason: I am a noob

Your armory links to a hunter?
    Spell damage trinket?

I'm lost.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

You're tanking ToC as a hunter? Word.

As far as armor, look at how much damage your armor is mitigating and then calculate how much that percentage would take off the average melee hit and you're in business.

Armor and stamina come together to form your 'effective health' when you're tanking a boss that hits hard. It's a very valid way to gear. The only real reason that most tanks prefer stamina is that magical damage isn't affected by armor.

Looking at your armory I see nothing particularly that would concern me, though I'd perhaps reconsider the exp/hit gems for more stamina on progression fights.

I agree that swapping out the Valor medal is a good idea, but I don't think you linked the right trinket there. Any decent level stamina trinket would be good (i.e. Essence of Gossamer, et al)
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayella View Post
    Armor and stamina come together to form your 'effective health' when you're tanking a boss that hits hard. It's a very valid way to gear. The only real reason that most tanks prefer stamina is that magical damage isn't affected by armor.

Looking at your armory I see nothing particularly that would concern me, though I'd perhaps reconsider the exp/hit gems for more stamina on progression fights.

I agree that swapping out the Valor medal is a good idea, but I don't think you linked the right trinket there. Any decent level stamina trinket would be good (i.e. Essence of Gossamer, et al)
    Sonic Booster - Item - World of Warcraft

Edited again (strike two).

+ Reply to Thread