+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fervor of the frostborn

Fervor of the frostborn

Fervor of the Frostborn - Item - World of Warcraft

This is the trinket that i just got last night from 10 man ToC off the faction champs i tested it on anubarak (last boss) and im pretty sure the effect works with blocks im not 100% Sure cause i blocked his attack and it did a stack so im kinda torn if it is or not my pally tanking friend says it doesnt so if anyone could give me some clarification id greatly appreciate it

As far as I can tell, you have to be hit for the effect to proc once used.

It's a pretty lackluster trinket imho, t0o difficult to get all the stacks up at the right time for the burst you want to mitigate; especially on slow hitting bosses. It's lotsa EH when it's stacking it's charges, but it's too situational and difficult to time when compared to the juggernauts vitality. I've got the heroic version sitting in my bags, I try to use it, but I keep going back to the ignis one.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

I also just picked up the 10man version last night. I pretty much agree 100% with what Drae echoes. I mean from an avoidance perspective, the dodge is really nice for most non-progression fights. I'd still go with basically any other EH type trinket over this for progression, but my trinkets are crappy anyways so I'll probably try it out in our 10mans and see how it does for a while.

Agreed, just stick to stam, its not a bad trinket if you have no others (heck I still use Essence of Gossamer and its crappy proc, but then again it has 111 stam) but if you have other EH related choices, id go with them.

To be clear: the EH (armor) on the Etriggs / fervor "on use" is very nice. What's not nice is timing it to get the maximum out of the trinket, and the fact it's an "on use" without an IMMEDIATE benefit.

Drae

I've been using Eitrigg's on bosses where I didn't need two stamina trinkets. The on-use is kinda nice, not great. It's a slow wind up (5 boss hits will take over 10 seconds easily) and even the healers probably won't notice.

Yesterday the Furnace Stone dropped. I almost felt like 'downgrading'. I just don't understand why the on-use effect is so neutered.

I agree muffin. I think I prefer the badge trinket, static armor and on-use dodge makes much more sense.

If Etriggs was a proc based effect similar to Black heart it would be nicer.

Drae

I've avoided this trink like the plague. Looks like garbage to me. For one, I don't really care for avoidance trinkets anyway. But the real kicker is the use effect.

Here's my BEST case timeline for this trinket assuming normal 2.0 boss swing timer and normal tank 50%+ avoidance (best case meaning you push the button as close as humanly possible to the boss' swing and instantly take a hit to activate).

0.0: Use, Instantly get hit and gain 1265 armor from trink.
    2.0: Dodge
    4.0: Take hit, gain 2530 armor
    6.0: Parry
    8.0: Take hit, gain 3786 armor
    10.0: Boss miss
    12.0: Take hit, gain 5150 armor
    14.0: Dodge
    16.0: Take hit, gain 6316 armor
    18.0: Dodge
    20.0: Buff fades, take hit.

1265 for 4 seconds
    2530 for 4 seconds
    3786 for 4 seconds
    5150 for 4 seconds
    6316 for 4 seconds

3790 average effect over the 20 seconds, giving an average benefit of 631 armor over the duration of the fight if used every time it is off cooldown.

These numbers get FAR worse if you take an early avoidance streak after trinket activation, and get far better if tanking Algalon. So I'd consider this an optimistic average. If this were a stamina trinket with a weird on use armor stacking effect, I'd like it much more. As is... no thank you, blizzard.

Compare to the Black Heart:
    7056 armor for 10 seconds, 25% proc rate, ~45 sec ICD. Using the same assumptions as the previous calculation, it will proc every 65 seconds. Average benefit of 1085 armor over the duration of the fight.

Once again, fast hitters and avoidance streaks can smear these numbers all over the map, but not as much so as the other trinket due to it's horrible 'stacking buff inside of a window' nature.

Much better average armor (if random in nature), PLUS stamina. ilevel 200 > ilevel 232.

noone has answered my question.
    I asked if the effect Procs on blocks not numbers or any of that jazz or opinion
    I like the trinket and i am gonna use it regardless of what anyone says i just want to know if it procs on blocks i think it does but i want prof

Quote Originally Posted by Padinbann View Post
    noone has answered my question.
    I asked if the effect Procs on blocks not numbers or any of that jazz or opinion
    I like the trinket and i am gonna use it regardless of what anyone says i just want to know if it procs on blocks i think it does but i want prof
    it does proc on blocks, but still not enough dmg mitigation for it to be any kind of decent item

Yeah, you're welcome.

Your pally tanking friend is correct if he meant full blocks. He is incorrect if he meant partial blocks.

+ Reply to Thread