+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Charge positioning mechanics

Charge positioning mechanics

Ok I feel like an idiot asking this but I can't seem to figure it out on my own... I don't understand warrior charge positioning mechanics. Sometimes a charge will put me face to face with a mob, sometimes behind with the camera flipped. I don't know if this is because of the hitbox, being grouped, or what... Then I get smacked on the back sometimes trying to get everything moved around so I can see. How noobish.

Can anyone explain it to me so I can do a better job of facing the right way every time?

Yeah, this happens to me - I think its partially a latency issue. There's nothing more embarrassing than charging a mob and ending up on the far side of it and watching as it runs towards your clothies.

Try to hit your shield slam mid-charge. Leading with a heroic throw before your charge also will ensure that the mob sticks to you and a thunderclap can scoop up one that you've charged through before it runs off to untold mischief.

I actually think this is not so much due to latency but the actual result of charging stun-immune mobs.

Trying to counter this with many abilities can potentially lead to them just activating too early as well. This is one thing I would love to see Blizzard rectify maybe even making charge apply a small amount of damage to the target.

The only real way to make sure it doesn't run away after a charge is perhaps simply to Taunt. Quite often I just try and re-adjust by spinning my toon mid-charge.

It *appears* that when you charge, you move towards the border of the enemy's hitbox, and after you arrive, you turn to face it's center.
    The problem is that the mob can react before you stop, which means he moves and the center follows accordingly.

Thank you everyone for the replies - it makes me feel a lot better to know that it happens to everyone!

Shield slam in the midst of a charge is a good idea - I will have to give that a whirl!

+ Reply to Thread