+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 'Complete' Protection Warrior DPS/TPS spreadsheet

Thanks

PS: OpenOffice rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I'm not much of a theory crafter but a Spreadsheet to try and maximize my TPS is great. I have a couple questions though. Where do you come up with your frequency numbers in the rotation? Are the buff/debuffs what would be considered baseline for a ICC raid? I have a couple DPS in my guild that like to ride my coattails hard some night. I'm hoping to get a edge on them and ease some transitions in fights.

Thanks

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...beard&n=Auyana
    Frequency is just the average amount of time between uses, to give a rough idea if you're right. e.g. Demo Shout with a 40s frequency is probably not a good idea. On the other hand Shockwave with a 15s frequency means you're skimming through the CD somewhere and you need to fix it.
    Buffs/Debuffs I usually take all except the 3% miss buff, as that one is hard to apply. Note that you need to check with your Paladins & Druids how much ret aura & thorns do if you want exact numbers, I threw some numbers in there, but they will differ for most raiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

In Damage Reduction sheet, Agility's burst time calculation refers to F25 in Talents&Buffs section, probably a typo there?

Uploaded V1.10 for Patch 3.3.3
    Enjoy!

Thx a lot

I'm getting all kinds of circular references in the spreadsheet.

You need to enable Iterations (depending on your software, it should be under Extra/Options).
    If it still gives an error, you need to cut out one of the Parry formulas and paste it back in (it's due to how Iteration works in spreadsheets)

If you use iterations, the spreadsheet won't go into an infinite loop, but stop once it reaches a certain treshold. There is just no other way to calculate Parry Hasting without using circular reference, because that's how the game works atm.

Edit: It is possible there is also an error on the Agility table for Burst Time. In the cel H23 of the 'Damage Reduction' page there seems to be an incorrect reference to the 'Talents&Buffs' page, the correct cell to refer to should be E12. I'm not sure if it is present in all versions, but please correct it if you want to use the formulas for the Burst Time EHP.
    Last edited by Airowird; 05-01-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Love it.
    Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death.
    Miyamoto Musashi

Thanks for the great work so far Wartotem. I had a few questions in case you are still checking this thread:

1) Have you incorporated blocked hits and crits in your calculations, if so, how do they work and is there much data on them i.e. % chance
    to occur and amount blocked?

2) Do you know how the diminishing returns for block value bonus damage for shield slam work since they were nerfed again in patch 3.3.2?
    Last edited by Delmonte; 07-20-2010 at 01:15 PM.

1) crits don't need to be calculated in end game content, at least they shouldn't need to be >.<

2) Pretty sure his working formula for shield slam is using the latest iteration for it.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Sorry I'm not sure I follow you when you say crits don't need to be calculated, I'm probably missing something obvious but please could you explain it to me. I'm asking about the blocked attacks that you get with slightly reduced damage, why would you ignore them in the analysis? They show up on the training dummy when attacking it from in front, haven't actually checked in a raid.

Edit: Ah ok, I think you are talking about the boss hitting you and crit immunity, I am asking about the damage and threat you do when the boss blocks your hits and crits. Have we got our wires crossed? Bad explanation on my part I've been investigating threat and damage of the abilities and not thinking about being hit myself and so on.

Perhaps I wasn't clear again, sorry about that, I'm asking if someone can direct me to the diminishing returns mechanics and evidence/data, I will try searching again but couldn't find it earlier. I'm not saying his formula isn't correct.

The other thing is, I'm a little confused as to what the 'effective strength' value is, it goes up when I uncheck vitality and I'm not sure how this number was arrived at. For instance, my character sheet says 1837 strength unbuffed, I used +40 str food, +37 drums and put these into the character sheet and it returns a value of 1815 effective strength when vitality is set to 3 which is lower than my unbuffed strength and not the value displayed on my character sheet. Is there a bug with the numbers displayed on the character sheet in game or is something else going on?
    Last edited by Delmonte; 07-21-2010 at 07:26 AM.

Nevermind, i'm an idiot, for somereason i was thinking about the tank getting crit, not the tank critting the boss..... wtf too many threads today. forgive my retardation.....

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Nevermind, i'm an idiot, for somereason i was thinking about the tank getting crit, not the tank critting the boss.....
    Not at all, my original question could have been clearer, I imagine when talking about crits and tanks most people think of the tank being crit.

hey, i just dwnloaded this spread sheet as per the suggestion of someone on another forum ( Kaz was there !! ) . do i have to make any adjustments for the set bonus's i have? just not sure how to..

Just put in 1 for any set bonuses on the list. (And 0 for the ones you don't have)
    Any set bonus not on there has a playstyle only effect that does not change the numbers of single abilities. It will probably change how much you use them, but the spreadsheet already requires you to fill that in yourself.

+ Reply to Thread