+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 'Complete' Protection Warrior DPS/TPS spreadsheet

Sorry, I didn't have internet on this computer for a week, so couldn't update it.
    I'm just going over the changes to clear out the bugs, should be up really soon™.
    Oh, and I was actually expecting/hoping more clarification on the Devastate before, so I was more spamming Refresh hoping GC finally told us what it was going to be rather than facedesking when he posted.
    Last edited by Airowird; 02-16-2010 at 08:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Again Wartotem, Thanks.

By chance is your next sheet an affliction warlock one?

Also be careful what you wish for. I recently wiped out snowboarding, badly; the effects of which are impacting my daily life in ways I never would considered previously. I can barely sit at my desk for more then an hour, and the stiffness in my knee when I wake up is so bad there are days I wonder If I should be going to work.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Nah, haven't got a warlock myself, so I would need too much info from outside sources.

I've updated it to V1.09 now. Sorry for the delay, been busy

Yay! Thank you very much for all the work you've put into this!

Thanks for a great spreadsheet!

Am I correct in thinking we can model the proposed Revenge buff by changing the equation to =2422+0.31*Stats.C10? That is simply x1.5 on each variable.

I think i'm missing something, but shouldn't the innate threat value for devastet be the same, as for sunder armor?

Not exactly. Sunder does 360 base and Dev 315, both with +5%AP, but Glyph of Dev doubles the innate threat.

Excellent work WarTotem!

I hope you model the new "cleaving" revenge soon ... at the moment without any real numbers i don't think i will spend two points in it.

btw: is there any information out there about how the additional targets for cleave are selected (e.g. the nearest one, random, tab-syle, ...) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlan View Post
    Excellent work WarTotem!

I hope you model the new "cleaving" revenge soon ... at the moment without any real numbers i don't think i will spend two points in it.

btw: is there any information out there about how the additional targets for cleave are selected (e.g. the nearest one, random, tab-syle, ...) ?
    Well I made some RAW calculations ( I might be wrong, I suck at this xP) so heres the results:

I used my stats.

31% of AP + 1636
    31% of 6400 AP + 1636
    1920 + 1636 = 3556

and talented ( Improved Revenge now Increases damage of your Revenge ability by 30/60% (up from 10/20%) and causes Revenge to strike an additional target for 50% damage. ) we get:

3556 + 60% =

5690 Non Crit
    11379 CRIT
    2845 non crit to another target
    5690 CRIT to another target

I might be wrong :P but those are the numbers i'm seeing and they look pretty insane...

I posted before the latest changes were published.

btw: you forgot enrage from imp. def stance (+10%, one handed spec. (+10%) and - if specced - impale.

this should lead to hits about 5k and crits > 10k on bosses with 5 sunders + druid FF up

that is definitly insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlan View Post
    I posted before the latest changes were published.

btw: you forgot enrage from imp. def stance (+10%, one handed spec. (+10%) and - if specced - impale.

this should lead to hits about 5k and crits > 10k on bosses with 5 sunders + druid FF up

that is definitly insane!
    didn't notice you posted before the new notes :P I was so happy when I saw them that I ran to these forums to see what people thought :P

I'll try to update it this weekend, working on the ICC buff as well.

I was playing around on the PTR and noticed that the tooltip values for revenge predicted by my own rather raw spreadsheet were overshooting by a fairly significant margin.

After double checking I can confirm the Imp Revenge bonus applies to base damage only (both live and PTR, the same went for UA as far as I bothered to napkin that out).

Your sheet has the same assumption, so the revenge damage calculation is slightly generous and should be something like.

[Abilities | E7]
    =(1615*(1+0.1*'Talents&Buffs'!G13)+0.207*Stats!C10 )*DMG_MOD*(1-BA_RED)
    Rather than just a straight multiplication of (base + 0.207*AP).

Is that the new 60% Revenge you are talking about?
    Because that would be a serious letdown if it only applied to the base and not the 31% AP scaling :P

Yep, both live and PTR talents apply to the base damage only.

Do you have any recorded data to support that? Not trying to be annoying or anything...but no other % modifier talents I'm aware of work in that way without specifically stating it.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

Quick Question: Does the ability Shield Block factor into the soft/hard cap some way when using Shield Slam?

Also, am I missing something? The tool-tip on Shield Block says an increase of 100% on block value meaning double.
    So for example on my wow character screen says 1500 Block Value w/o SB so I expect 3000 Block Value when using SB right?
    However, this is not the case, shield block does not double my block value it is slightly less like 75%.

Block Value multipliers are additive.

So with Shield Block active you have (Shield Block + Shield Mastery + Glyph of Blocking) * Block Value. That means Shield Block won't double your Block Value, it will just double your base Block Value.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiyama View Post
    Do you have any recorded data to support that? Not trying to be annoying or anything...but no other % modifier talents I'm aware of work in that way without specifically stating it.
    So far as I know, Improved Revenge has always worked this way. See this post from tanking tips, and Vene's reply:

http://www.tankingtips.com/2009/08/1...f-32-1-im-not/

"The reason Imp Revenge isn’t promoted as much as you’d like is because it only improves the base damage of Revenge so it’s not going to be the damage increase that you’re probably thinking it is."

I'm not much of a theory crafter but a Spreadsheet to try and maximize my TPS is great. I have a couple questions though. Where do you come up with your frequency numbers in the rotation? Are the buff/debuffs what would be considered baseline for a ICC raid? I have a couple DPS in my guild that like to ride my coattails hard some night. I'm hoping to get a edge on them and ease some transitions in fights.

Thanks

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...beard&n=Auyana

+ Reply to Thread