+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 'Complete' Protection Warrior DPS/TPS spreadsheet

Heroic Throw does 12+ 50% AP damage, but also does 150% threat.
    So before stance it does 18 + 75% AP as threat, which is (slightly) more than Conc. Blow or Shockwave.
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 12-04-2009 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

V1.07 is now up for downloads and should be the last major version before the next expansion.

If you find any bugs/weird anomalies/murlocs, please report them and I'll fix it straight away!!

not that it changes all that much for the purposes of what people are using this spreadsheet for but for the avoidance values you have calculated on the stats page:

shouldn't it be -.002*(enemy lvl-80) for each stat instead of .008

unhittable being 102.4% meaning .2% per stat per enemy level

Yup, you're right, I'll adjust & upload a new version now.

OK, I have a request, could you please explain the yellow fields on each of the tabs, or at least a highlighting of the important ones? In particular, which yellow ones are calculated and which are manual-entry? This is an awesome tool especially for an uber-geek such as myself! Cudos on the excellent work!

All yellow fields should be manual entry.
    Or more specificly;
    In Stats, you will need to enter the stats from Armory, which meta you're using, doing ICC etc. (I put in a formula for Shield Block uptime as I macro'd it to Shield Slam)
    In Talents & Buffs, all drop down boxes are a restricted choice, the rest, such as Retri aura & Thorns you need to typ in yourself.
    In Abilities there is nothing but information for you to read
    In Rotation, you enter how often in a 'cycle' you use certain abilities as well as the average amount of swings that are converted into Heroic Strike. Your single target TPS is calculated from that.
    In Damage Reduction, add the paper doll damage the boss does, it's original swing timer and the data on its instant specials.

In case you're wondering;
    TankPoints = EH / (1 - Avoidance)
    Time To Live = HP / DPS incoming
    Burst Time is explained in the link and is becoming the largest measure for tank survivability
    HEP = Health Equivalence Points (or how much HP it's worth), calculated for both TankPoints and Burst Time using 'basic' math.

That should be all the info needed for V1.08, which will be uploaded in a minute, as it contains some extra bug fixes and additions (mostly the BT HEP)

Thanks Man, you rock!

And I'll be downloading the new version!

I'm wondering why my Shield Slam thread is lower than in the 1,07 version, though I did not change my gear...
    But to be honest, the latest value accords more to my personal experience than the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trondhjem View Post
    I'm wondering why my Shield Slam thread is lower than in the 1,07 version, though I did not change my gear...
    But to be honest, the latest value accords more to my personal experience than the old one.
    Can you tell me exactly how much difference there was in damage/threat?
    I might have made a mistake somewhere that I fixed later, but I'ld need to double-check if any other bugs are left behind then

The pre-filled value for boss armor on the Stats page (cell E27) is the original WotLK boss armor value and not the newer value. It should be 10643 for level 83 mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    The pre-filled value for boss armor on the Stats page (cell E27) is the original WotLK boss armor value and not the newer value. It should be 10643 for level 83 mobs.
    Right, not that people can't change it, but I'll fix it when add Mocking Blow.

According to the results of the spreadsheet, i wonder why i should use Revenge Oo.
    Shield Slam does 2561 DPS and 6270 TPS
    Revenge does 1949 DPS and 4193 TPS (with 2/2 imp. Revenge)
    Devastate does 1689 DPS and 4986 TPS .
    So should I still keep using revenge when its ready (for dps) or should i kick it out of my rotation and take out the points of imp. revenge for 2 cruelity or some other stuff ? And is glyph of blocking out of date (because of the lack of bv in icc)? Should i use Deva, Shieldwall and Last Stand(instead of Glyph of Blocking) ?
    Thx for advice^^
    Last edited by shn; 01-12-2010 at 12:37 AM.

Imp. Revenge is purely a DPS increase yes (at the cost of threat).
    Personally I go for Deva, SW & Taunt glyph setup, with Cleave over SW in heroics. If I wanted to maximize my setup more I'ld probably go for Blocking instead of Taunt, simply because I prefer macro'ing LS+ER together for more efficiency (and I find either one solo lacking)

I'd be interested in seeing your talent build...and did you change it when you looked at the spreadsheet?

Quote Originally Posted by kimble01 View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing your talent build...and did you change it when you looked at the spreadsheet?
    Well... I did

Besides: Looking forward to the new version with buffed Devastate. Maybe this time, a slow weapon finally makes it.

Quote Originally Posted by shn View Post
    According to the results of the spreadsheet, i wonder why i should use Revenge Oo.
    Shield Slam does 2561 DPS and 6270 TPS
    Revenge does 1949 DPS and 4193 TPS (with 2/2 imp. Revenge)
    Devastate does 1689 DPS and 4986 TPS .
    So should I still keep using revenge when its ready (for dps) or should i kick it out of my rotation and take out the points of imp. revenge for 2 cruelity or some other stuff ? And is glyph of blocking out of date (because of the lack of bv in icc)? Should i use Deva, Shieldwall and Last Stand(instead of Glyph of Blocking) ?
    Thx for advice^^

Is Revenge Really Worth It is an decent discussion of the revenge question. Basically come the buff to devastate Imp. revenge will do less threat AND damage then devastate if your in ICC gear (because of AP levels) for many players. In my current gear, with my BQS, imp. revenge is not worth it in either scenario once the buff to devastate goes live.

Personally I swap glyphs for the fight. What Glyphs you want to be using is really based on the encounter. However if I don't want to swap for an instance (too low a level, lazy, outta glyphs, whateva) I usually run Taunt, SW, and Devastate. Taunt basically allows me to ignore hit rating, devastate is a massive threat n dmg buff, and SW at 2m is just too convenient.

Also wartotem: Thanks again. This is a godsend. Too bad iterations don't work in google docs.
    Last edited by drae; 01-29-2010 at 11:17 AM.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Many, many thanks for the spread sheet Wartotem.

I'm surprised to see people still asking about imp.revenge. I never had it in my build as when I just started tanking is about the same time your spread sheet showed that it was less TPS than glyphed devastate (and freed up 2 talent points).

I have a hard time sacrificing a glyph spot for taunt, I'd rather eat hit food(worst case mocking blow, challenging shout and taunt should be back off of CD) and/or just vigilance the other tank. Shield Wall and Devastate glyphs are definitely mandatory as far as I'm concerned.
    My Armory - A warrior tank turned Healadin!
    Pyrrhic -
    Strict 10m guild :: 8/12 HM :: 2 nights a week (if we're lucky)

Quote Originally Posted by drae View Post
    Also wartotem: Thanks again. This is a godsend. Too bad iterations don't work in google docs.
    I've learned a lot about the Warrior class from just making it (and my math exam was a breeze after spending 20 odd hours on the stat weights part) and intend on keeping it up-to-date in Cata (unless there are a lot of procs, dependancies and sim-worthy talents/abilities). I'm currently awaiting next patch to hopefully finalize this version so I can start on the next spec/class (not telling you which one I'm planning yet though :P)

I'm also still looking on a way to fix the Parry formula to something that doesn't require Iterations, but Excel + multi-variable implicit functions is ... quite challenging. If only I could go skiing so I can break a leg and be stuck at home for weeks :P

@Ragesane: In lower level gear (and proably without glyph) it's still useful threat/dps-wise, which is probably why starting Warriors pick it up and just never consider dropping it once they get kitted in decent gear.

I'm refreshing this site twice a day since 3.3.2
    Where is v1.09?
    Neeed!!!!!!!1112

Please, WarTotem, in case you have a lot on your plate iRL, tell your boss/girl/friends that you have to write a spreadsheet for the community of all tanking warriors.
    Thanks in advance.

I can see how he just finished the work for 1.09 on the spreadsheet then refreshed mmo-champion for no good reason and read Ghostcrawlers post about eventually buffing revenge. => /bootscreen

But honestly this is a great spreadsheet and I hope we see a version including Mocking Blow soon .

+ Reply to Thread