+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rawr still really likes Broken Promise... ?

Rawr still really likes Broken Promise... ?

Hi all,

Been lurking here a little (like any self-respecting tank) and finally decided to post. Glad to be here, and hope I'm not asking too boring a question.

I've been using Rawr to help me make gear decisions, and just recently noticed that it ranks Broken Promise really high for my build -- better than anything except Silverwing Defender for mitigation, and a damn sight better overall than Last Laugh, which I am now using. It's even ranked higher than anything out of Ulduar except Sorthalis. I imagine this is mostly down to expertise (I would get the human racial in addition to what is on the weapon).

This seems odd to me. Thoughts?

Armory link:

The World of Warcraft Armory

You are below the expertise soft cap of 26 it is not only biasing weapon selection have a look at the boots, rings its recommending anything it can to get you to the softcap because you meet or are close to all the other caps.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

I thought so too, so I tried equipping a few pieces with high expertise rating (Mark of Norgannon, Ironbark Faceguard, etc.) to see what it did. Only when I exceed 40 expertise does Broken Promise start to fall behind.

What's odd is that Rawr still shows Broken Promise as being better for mitigation than almost anything -- including Peacekeeper Blade, which has more expertise. I guess that's down to defense.

I'm really starting to wonder if this is still a viable weapon in the game...

Sorry to bump a thread that no one seems interested in, but I think I've figured it out.

Since Broken Promise is slow, there are fewer white attacks for the boss to parry. That is why its calculated mitigation number is so much better than so many higher-ilvl weapons (Last Laugh, Peacekeeper Blade, Legacy of Thunder, Titanguard) with more plain avoidance and/or more expertise, and why I need >40 total expertise for those other weapons to catch up.

Hope this isn't a gratuitous re-hash of something already discussed. Comments welcome.
    Last edited by Fodi; 09-17-2009 at 08:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread