+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rawr/tank Question

Rawr/tank Question

Hello I need someone to clarify something for me.

I have a frost dk tank. I was messing around with Rawr last night looking and gear and noticed there are a few different switches for gear you can toggle. I turned on the Sort by threat, And Rawr says to put mostly Dodge and Defense gems in slot. I usually just sort by best overall stats which wants me to put mostly stam gems in slots. I am wondering what I should do? I have heard in the past not to gem Dodge/Parry. Is this still correct?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Rivendare&n=Nitroll

possible answer

it may be that since you want it show you what gear generates the most threat etc... that it is telling you to gem avoidance and the like because the more avoidance you have the more you can use rune strike which is a very high amount of threat being generated. personally i only gem avoidance gems to get my meta bonus and everything else is +30 stam gems. hope this helps. XD

I'm going to have to agree with ophy. When you start getting t 8.5 + the stats on the armor will give you a majority of the def/mit that you'll have otherwise needed to gem for before. In the end (looking at ensidia's tank also) all of your gems will be 30 stams with the exception of your meta needs and/or if you enjoy socket bonuses as much as i do.

In the end, imo, threat comes from you being a death knight (even considering damage nerfs) and any spec can more than take care of single target threat.

+ Reply to Thread