+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling Questions

Leveling Questions

I currently have a level 59 Prot Warrior - The World of Warcraft Armory

The other night a LVL 60 Mage (who I assume had some other toons) laughed at me and told me to add the Warbringer and Devastate talents on my talent tree. He further mentioned that my Armored to the Teeth and Deflection talents were pointless and a waste of talent at my level.

I added the Devastate talent as soon as I leveled and was very happy with the results. However, the Warbringer talent seems designed for PVP (not sure, correct me if I'm wrong)? Also I'm only level 59 and I have a 305 defensive rating. So, it seems like I'm doing something right here.

So, I guess my questions are: 1.) Is Warbringer worth the talent point at my level. 2.) Should I take my points out of Armored to the Teeth and Deflection?

I've been very happy with my survivability and I'm pretty content with how I hold up. I have a tough time keeping up with generating enough threat though.

Any feedback would be good. Thanks!

It's hard to keep proper threat at that level, warriors need good gear for their level which is no surprise. I would take WB though because it would allow you to stay in defstance indefinetely while leveling, and even very useful for the occasional instance you'll be doing till 80.
    Stick to AttT, it will improve your damage with every new piece of plate.
    "Yes." - Captain Obvious

You will love Warbringer after a while and wonder why it wasn't your first choice. It gives you such a great mobility that I don't want to ever be with out it.

Warbringer is such a great ability, I love it! It's too good to pass up!

Here's my 2 cents for your talents right now:

Remove:
    ~Deflection x5
    ~Puncture x3
    ~Improved Disciplines x2

Add:
    ~Incite x3
    ~Focused Rage x3
    ~Warbringer x1
    ~Critical Block x3

Incite will do the same thing as Puncture, except it will work for every single offensive ability instead of just devestate and sunder.

Critical Block is much more important than Deflection for leveling. The added % to crit with shield slam is godly.

**EDIT** Oops I mean Focused Rage will do the same thing as Puncture but better. Sry it's late
    Last edited by Demianu27; 09-14-2009 at 12:07 PM.

TY

[QUOTE=Demianu27;286273]
    Remove:
    ~Deflection x5
    ~Puncture x3
    ~Improved Disciplines x2

OK will do thanks for your 2 cents :-)

How is increasing your attack power a waste of talents? Keep your ATT, and as was stated Warbringer you'll love. I'd move the 2 points in imp SW to somewhere else too, those could be more usefully spent at that level.

Sorry Noobtastic -

I should of put this in the HALP! section.. Keep the input comming its all good stuff.

You can get sword and board...thus you should get sword and board...imo.

Free shield slams? 15% more devastate crit? Sign me up?!?!?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Demianu27 View Post
    Incite will do the same thing as Puncture, except it will work for every single offensive ability instead of just devestate and sunder.
    Focused Rage is what does that, not Incite. Incite is increased critical strike chance on TC/HS/Cleave, which ends up being more threat which is what sounds like he needs help with anyhow.

And yes, aim to get sword and board as soon as you can, it's a wonderful talent for prot warriors.
    Last edited by Eblan; 09-14-2009 at 10:48 AM.

add warbringer for sure, you will love it
    it gives u rage, mobility and the stun
    i would put points into amored to the teeth since it maximize your damage

Good suggestions, I think, so far. I would probably take one out of Focused Rage, for Improved Bloodrage, though...

Another issue you may want to tackle, is updating your gear. I noticed some that were like 9 levels below your current. While it isn't necessary to update, at every move up, keep in mind that Warrior class is pretty well gear dependent (perhaps more so at higher levels, but still, try to keep updated within a level or two, unless you get a blue piece, maybe...).

Hope this helps!
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

Quote Originally Posted by Eblan View Post
    Focused Rage is what does that, not Incite. Incite is increased critical strike chance on TC/HS/Cleave, which ends up being more threat which is what sounds like he needs help with anyhow.
    Woops, it's late im sorry lol. Doesn't effect the talent suggestion I gave though, so go ahead and go with those talents I suggested

Warbringer is so awesome that it alone is reason enough to reroll a warrior, if you're not one already. Fun AND useful? Sign me up!

Armed to the Teeth is awesome. The mage was wrong there, at least.

I have to pile on to the me-tooness of warbringer.

Charging in Defensive? Absolutely.

Charging in combat? Wahoo!

In the same talent? ZOMG!

I haven't played my warrior in a few months, but when I did Warbringer was one of my favorite things. The flexibilty it delivers would be worth multiple points. For one it is an amazing bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    You can get sword and board...thus you should get sword and board...imo.

Free shield slams? 15% more devastate crit? Sign me up?!?!?!!!!!
    I think this is the key for me. Warbringer is awesome no doubt, but you should really be trying to get up to SnB and Shockwave, as these will make things a lot faster and more fun.

Thanks for all the help! I just wanted to give an update:

1.) I'm kinda bummed about loosing my Deflection talents. How bad would it be to keep them? Could I get them back later if I ditched 'em now?

2.) I'm going to move my 3 points from Puncture to Focused Rage.

3.) Yes to Warbringer! I'm half way to a ding so when that happens...

4.) About the gear... I'd love to upgrade but that means going to Outland. This normally wouldn't be a problem but I'm trying not to burn to 80 for two reasons. One, I missed a lot of content the last time I did it and I hated my character in the end. But, more importantly - I'm trying to let my wife catch up (lvl 53 pally.) Shhhh don't tell anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantolysis View Post

1.) I'm kinda bummed about losing my Deflection talents. How bad would it be to keep them? Could I get them back later if I ditched 'em now?
    Well, for right now it shouldn't be top priority. Moving further up the prot tree to get Sword & Board/Warbringer/Shockwave helps twofold: Better threat generation while tanking and killing things faster while leveling/questing. You can worry about the extra 5% parry later on down the line, for right now it really isn't necessary.

You can't have everything even at level cap, of course you can't have it all now. Concentrate on the abilities that make the biggest game-changing impact, and backfill the others with skill and smart play.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantolysis View Post

4.) About the gear... I'd love to upgrade but that means going to Outland. This normally wouldn't be a problem but I'm trying not to burn to 80 for two reasons. One, I missed a lot of content the last time I did it and I hated my character in the end. But, more importantly - I'm trying to let my wife catch up (lvl 53 pally.) Shhhh don't tell anyone.
    Ok, admirable reasons, and I wouldn't tell a soul...!

(You could buy the odd piece, in <gasp> AH, though, 'm just sayin'--)

Also, yes, you can change your talents, as many times as you want--and can afford! But, that comes later...
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

+ Reply to Thread