+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior Threat Per Second - Little low...

Warrior Threat Per Second - Little low...

The World of Warcraft Armory

There is my Armory.

I am not sure why, but even in full t8/226 pieces Im not getting about 6k TPS, and unfortunately for my guild that is just NOT going to cut it.

My rotation :

1. Shield Block
    2. Shield Slam
    3. Queue Heroic Strike, and Spam Devestate
    4. When Revenge is up, use it.
    5. Shield Slam whenever it's up

And my priority is :

Shield Slam > Revenge > Devestate > Heroic Strike

Any ideas?

HS shouldn't on the queue.
    HS isn't on GCD, it's on your next swing.
    You should use HS when you have plenty of rage (>50).

I think you should of posted in the Halp Me section of these forums found here: HALP! I need advice - TankSpot

Also it'll help if you log out in your prot gear next time, your build looks O.K. you glyphs however probably need to be changed. You're probably better off using glyph of devastate instead of sunder and then prob glyph of revenge as opposed to cleaving for single target threat.

I can't see your Tanking gear on Armory.
    And your DPS gear seems to be too much hit rating on it. You have 12.2% hit rating now, and you only need 8% on 83lvl boss.
    Last edited by Caim; 09-14-2009 at 05:33 AM.

Always use vigilance. It helps a lot.

Your armory shows you in arms spec and gear, so it's impossible to judge your enchants and gems, as well as all other gear aside from set pieces.

But even without seeing it: add Concussion Blow, Heroic Throw and Shockwave to your rotation

Replace glyph of sunder armor or cleaving with glyph of devastate. See the theory section of this forum for data on how good glyph of devastate is now.

Wrong forum, read rules,

moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I assume you are talking about threat while tanking bosses? In that case, use devastate and vigilance as 2 of your major glyphs. I would also put accuracy on my weapon if I were you. Other than that, your rotation is fine. Priorities as a prot warrior are easy to figure out. You might be messing up in other areas such as rage management (since not ALL bosses give us a constant full rage bar). Depending on what you are currently tanking, try swapping gear around. I wear at least 1 threat trinket on most fights (hit/expertise trinket or greatness/runestone), and I swap other pieces of armor out on a fight-by-fight basis. I don't think I wear exactly the same getup on any 2 bosses, lol.

See if you can sqeeuze a tiny bit more expertise to hit the soft cap of 26 will give you a tiny boost of threat.

Also, pop blood rage whenver it comes off cooldown, it doesn't eat a gcd and provides threat.

Is there a specific encounter you are running into threat issues on?

SS > Revenge > Devastate > Concussion Blow > HS

Toss in some TC as needed. Glyph of Vigilance helps a lot as does Glyph of devastate. And you really need to spam the keys, keep them on CD.

also having threat issues (need to download a TPS meter) - looking above have some thoughts on glyphs & ench on 1h but anything in my gear you could recomend to change.....

I echo the sentiments of the previous posters, Vigilance and devastate glyphs are awesome Single Target TPS.

If you have recount or something you should be able to look at a break down of your attacks. The number of "melee" attacks is the number of heroic strikes you left on the table.

I can't see your gear, but you need a minimum of 6.5% expertise. MINIMUM. Expertise > Hit in most cases.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

what about tanking multiple bosses... am not too bad on picking up the boss and keeping him but struggle with (for example) the 3 champions in ToC5 (especially with a caster or 2 as mobs).... my armoury seems to have my def ~ 537 - am sure it is 540 (if not if I equip teldrassil protector it is 544)

The rotation is fine, but here are some tips:

I think the glyph of sunder armor it's only used when you use the sunder armor ability, not devastate. So change to devastate glyph asap and get a boost on your threat.
    Glyph of cleave is a no-no for a boss fight. Normally you use it for multi-target function and on a boss fight is only you and the boss. Grab glyph of vigilance if you have your dps' making too much threat.

For a rotation, ya fine, but use Concussion blow, Shockwave, Heroic Strike as well. It will help on your threat generation.

Hope it helped :]

+ Reply to Thread