+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glyph of Indomitability

Glyph of Indomitability

Hello,

I've recently purchased the Glyph of Indomitability from my emblems, but now I'm wondering if this was such a good decision. I still have the time to turn it back so I need persuasion for me to keep it or return it again. I've so far already bought the libram, ring, and shoulders from my triumph emblems and this seemed like a good alternative for my next buy. Before I got this, I used the Royal Seal of King Llane and the Figurine - Monarch Crab, as my 2 trinkets. I now replaced my crab with the glyph.

I'll place a link to my armory if that might provide any help whatsoever:
    Armory

My crab had a 30 stamina and a 10 def/15 stamina gem it. My guild is pretty much downing Ignis on 25 man every week, so there is a possibility for the Heart of Iron to drop and if it drops I will probably also win it.

Why should I return/keep my new trinket?

Thanks in advance,

Xyras

Put your raidbuffed numbers into this with the different trinkets:
    TankSpot - Calculator
    whatever gives the highest number is better (for physical damage since armor is useless against magic)

I think the armor trinket is only worth it after you have used badges on everything else. Only fight I can think of using the glyph over an hp trinket is algalon. Having a high hp pool is top priority for paladin tanks. The more overall health you have, the bigger your AD buffer is.
    Last edited by Dragaan; 09-13-2009 at 03:19 AM.

Would this trinket do well for a DK?

It would do very, very well for any tank on fights where practically all the danger of tank deaths is due to pure physical damage. Again, I can only think of 1 fight where that is the case atm and that's algalon. If you are tanking anub'arak himself on heroic mode tho, it might be worthwhile if you do not want to stack stam due to the leech.

edit: forgot vezax but he's easy enough anyway, lol.

Once you're really well geared and have very high hp regardless of your trinkets, it might be fun to use this thing full time. I know once I'm able to reach about 40-41k with only 1 stam trink (and I have my t9 pieces), I'll be usin it most of the time.
    Last edited by Dragaan; 09-17-2009 at 02:57 PM.

Hm, what about Gormok? 1550 health vs. 1800 armour. Would his bleed make the health outweight the armour?

Well, I'm curious... and it looks like, for me, the 1500 health would add up to about 62k EH, while the armour choice would add up to 60k EH. That's kinda lame. I really thought the armour would add more than that.

I am agonizing whether to buy this. I've read that it is better overall for survival than a stam trinket in purely physical fights and while I accept that I'm trying to think of situations where the armor would save me as oppose to the extra health. Looking at the encounters out there:

Ulduar
    XT and XT hardmode: Slow and predictable attacks, no huge burst for healers to deal with. Tantrum hits the same regardless.
    Kologarn: Trivial fight.
    Iron Council/Steelbreaker: Better to stack stamina because of fusion punch.
    Auriaya: Trivial fight.
    Hodir/hard mode Hodir: Better to stack stamina because of frozen blows. Cooldowns may help with frozen blows depending on how your guild does the fight.
    Thorim: Armor will help here but cooldowns are still needed to survive later Unbalancing Strikes.
    Freya/hard: Trivial tank healing for good healers.
    Mimiron: Tons of magic damage so stacking stamina here.
    Vezax/hard: Armor more useful, although normal mode is pretty trivial. I can't see armor stacking helping your healers that much for the hard mode. Stamina helps you survive the animus debuff longer.
    Yogg: Trivial tank healing, some magic damage thrown around. Can't comment on hard mode.

ToC
    Gormok/hard: Armor helps with Impale and melee but not with the bleed. For hard mode you need cooldowns to help survive later Impales so regardless whether you stack armor or health it doesn't really matter. On hard mode the bleed is considerably more damage and is not helped at all with armor.
    Worms: A large part of their burst damage is from the frontal spew and stamina stacking is the only way to help with this.
    Icehowl/heroic: Armor likely better, though it seems he can still insta-gib some tanks regardless of whether you stack stam or armor with the current gear on heroic mode 25.
    Jaraxxus/heroic: Good portion of the damage is magic so stamina is better.
    Faction champs: Gimmick fight, though lots of magic damage going around so stamina is better.
    Valkyries: Trivial tank damage, lots of unavoidable magic damage so stamina wins.
    Anub'arak: Possibly better to stack armor over stamina because he melees hard, though the freezing slash would be unaffected. On adds I would think unless you're rocking an unhittable set for heroic 25, you would want more stamina.

Onyxia
    Wing buffet and Fire breath are unaffected by armor so stamina obviously wins on this fight. Guards also do considerable magic damage and the whelps are all owned by block.

Am I missing something here? Is this trinket worth it? Perhaps some tanks who are more experienced or verses in the harder content can tell me whether this is worth picking up. Keep in mind I don't see myself doing heroic Anub 25 any time soon.

At 50,000 hp, 30Kish armor buffed with neither trinket, it looks like glyph is slightly better for EH for physical damage than a brewmaiden trinket. This advantage increases as armor and hp increase.

I plan on switching to this trinket as soon as I can, but upgrading other pieces from 226 to 245 give much better EH boosts as they tend to increase all stats (armor, stam, avoidance) instead of trading one for another.

PS. Enraged Dreadscale is mostly extremely heavy melee based damage (32-40K per hit!) with some heavy magic based bursts in between. If you are saving your big cooldowns for magic based bursts (like I do), then your deaths will come from the melee damage. Armor would help in this situation since your mitigation during the magic bursts is so high.

It's strictly a patchwerk/brutallus/algalon/?? trinket. I'm sure it'll come in handy on something in icecrown.

+ Reply to Thread