+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I pull off a Blood spec?

Can I pull off a Blood spec?

I was looking at the DPS guide for DK's and I wanted to try out the Blood spec thats listed there, but it says that it is very Gear dependent. Which worries me but I wasn't able to find a Frost 2h DPS build anywhere.

The World of Warcraft Armory

I have a few one handers for my DW spec, but thats the one I would be dropping for the 2hander spec. I have the two equipped as well as 2 of Peacekeeper Blade - Item - World of Warcraft

I prefer the Ebon blade swords as they are slower. I also have a few of the other TOC weapons to choose from for a 2h Build:

Edge of Ruin
    Marrowstrike
    and
    Titansteel destroyer

So basically I am wanting to know if I can pull off hte Blood spec or if not, then a new 2h Frost spec.

All DPS is gear driven. Don't let a cliche and overused phrase keep you away from a spec you want to try.

Your gear is ok.
    But i would play the spec you are most comfortable with. If you don't like your spec and how it plays but it is considered the "best" then you wont get the results that you could from playing a spec you like. I love the challenges of the dw frost spec so i played it for awhile but i love the blood spec and have seen my dps go up because i was more familiar with it and could run with that spec better.
    So its a personal choice. There are alot of dps specs out there that are viable. Choose one you like and i promise you the gear will come to support your choice.
    BTW for gear the one thing your lacking is armor penetration. To really see some good results from 0/53/18 is to have a lil bit more arp. And stick with the ebon blade swords and try to pick up the slow 1h mace from h toc and dw those.

Should I regem in some ArP?

I am getting ready to drop ENG for JC as it is, I am just hording mats to PL myself

I heard Blood DK's can't tank any more do to the Nerf my death knight is unholy

I personally wouldn't regem gem for ArP, especially with the upcoming nerfs. You should get enough from gear. DK's benefit most from strength, and I don't see a lot of that in your gear, a lot of the time it's better to ignore the socket bonus and gem +20 strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouled View Post
    I heard Blood DK's can't tank any more do to the Nerf my death knight is unholy
    This is a DPS thread, if you actually have a question I suggest you start your own thread.

Gearwise, I think you'd be ready for a 2h Blood spec if that's what you want to try out. As for a weapon, definitely go with Edge of Ruin. It's a much better 2hander than either of the other options you posted. Also, while DKs benefit most from Strength (1 str = 2 melee AP), since the blood spec is mostly physical damage, a good deal more ArP will help. You can farm regular TotC for spectacular DPS gear. Also, just because you're a DK, don't rule out other materials for your armor. Plate is excellent, but TotC drops a leather belt that rarely gets rolled on in my groups just because we lack a hunter, rogue, or kitty. Definitely keep the set you have ON though, just in case. Another thing to keep in mind: Hit mobs in the back until you get your expertise up. 5ish percent Dodge/parry reduction will get your tank ripped up. Good luck out there!
    ...Thoughts of a philosophical Death Knight...
    If death is the inevitable end of life, is life the inevitable end of undeath?

Thank you for the responses!

all of you helped so not sure how to mark who gave the best answer here....

+ Reply to Thread