+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some gem advice and trinket comparison help!

Some gem advice and trinket comparison help!

Hello,

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...fang&n=Kirisha

I have a few question, I hope tankspot could give me some more insight! (aren't I a genius?)

I'm getting the Shoulderplates of Enduring Order - Item - World of Warcraft soon enough. I'm debating whether to just stamp +51 stamina in there or perhaps go for threat with +34 strength and gain the socket bonus ..as a bonus? I'm doing ulduar10 at the moment, I don't know which of the two are at the moment a priority? Perhaps, since these are exceptional and won't be replaced for a long while, I might need to know what I need in the long run?

Maybe I should just put a Dragon's Eye elsewhere (such as the chest, where there's actually a blue socket available and an Eye of Zul (10 def/15 stamina) is taking it's place (though it would seem as quite the waste of an epic gem)) and put in a dodge/stamina epic gem? I don't know.

Speaking of the chest item, I have a 22 defense enchant on it, but isn't at the moment, +275 health or even +10 stats better? I'm heavily overcapped (550 defense) so I can lose the defense.

Also, I don't know which one is better at the moment, Defender's Code - Item - World of Warcraft or Essence of Gossamer - Item - World of Warcraft ? While 111 stamina is by definition awesome (though ofcourse the Equip: sucks) an on-demand 10% dodge (every 2 minutes) is great too! Dodging that extra attack right when I needed it most (another oh-no button?) does much more justice than 111 stamina. Also includes about 1% damage reduction with the armor. Perhaps it depends on the fight, and if so, please specify what type of fight I should be using what?

Any answers to my questions would be supreme!
    Thanks!

Well looking over your gear it looks pretty decent. As you move through Ulduar and into ToC(presumably), then your going to need alot of EH.

I'd stick the +51 STA gem in something higher level that you know you will keep for a while. The shoulders would be a good choice and being that it has a weak socket bonus you could certainly stick it in there(I consider everything not +9 STA or higher this way). For tanking, even for threat I'd never use a +STR gem. If you want threat, I'd opt for +exp/+sta for blue or red sockets over anything else even hit until you reach the soft cap at 26, which you are close to. Defense is a solid stat and having "too much" is never a bad thing imho.

Alot of your choices are dependent on the content you will be tanking and the rolls that will be asked of you. STA is still king for EH in boss fights, Exp for threat if your off tanking mobs say.

For the trinkets, I'd say go with TBH/EoG for most situations. The Defenders code is also good, but more so on straight melee fights where you are not taking as much magic damage. If your a JC then I'd go with the Monarch Crab, it gives you the best of both worlds with +30 STA gems you get(+123 STA) & a dodge on use bonus like the Defenders code.

+ Reply to Thread