+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Black Heart & Essence of Gossamer

The Black Heart & Essence of Gossamer

I have a fairly limited selection of tanking trinkets, all are from 5 mans or emblems;The black heart, Valour medal of the first war are my usual choices for raiding, with seal of the pantheon/Lavanthor's talisman as my block gear ones.

Now i tend to feel fairly squishy in raids unless i have a pally or shammy healing me, but i can't be fussy about who heals me, so if a i'm being healed by disc or a holy priest, is it worth switiching the medal for the essance, i'm sitting around 43K raid buffed, 33K unbuffed, i'd lose about 1.3% dodge but gain the 111stam, which one will help my healers more?

Is there anyway we could get a link to your armory? It would help a lot in determining whats going on for you.

Just to compare you have 1.3% dodge vs 111 stam and a dodge effect(2 min cd) and a -dmg proc. Now with the dodge, it is a chance to dodge or put in other words, makes you less likely (by 1.3% as you say) to be hit. Now going off the top of my head (because work blocks wowhead and other sites) the proc effect of Goss isn't insanely great (imo) becuase it subtracts a miniscule amount of dmg.
    On the other hand +111 stam is very nice and will also scale to more hp when raid buffed, you will have more hp cussion for your healers to heal indeed.
    What you really have to decide is, is the +111 stam > 1.3% dodge and the "oh shit" dodge effect? I personally favor the valour medal for that spit sec "chance" that they need the time to heal and I can pop the dodge effect. Just remember though you are comparing straight HP to a "Chance" to dodge. Hope this helps shed a little light on your decisison
    (p.s remember some bosses require more hp tanks, and some bosses require more evasion. =D)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodomen View Post
    Just to compare you have 1.3% dodge vs 111 stam and a dodge effect(2 min cd) and a -dmg proc. Now with the dodge, it is a chance to dodge or put in other words, makes you less likely (by 1.3% as you say) to be hit. Now going off the top of my head (because work blocks wowhead and other sites) the proc effect of Goss isn't insanely great (imo) becuase it subtracts a miniscule amount of dmg.
    On the other hand +111 stam is very nice and will also scale to more hp when raid buffed, you will have more hp cussion for your healers to heal indeed.
    What you really have to decide is, is the +111 stam > 1.3% dodge and the "oh shit" dodge effect? I personally favor the valour medal for that spit sec "chance" that they need the time to heal and I can pop the dodge effect. Just remember though you are comparing straight HP to a "Chance" to dodge. Hope this helps shed a little light on your decisison
    (p.s remember some bosses require more hp tanks, and some bosses require more evasion. =D)
    You are right, the Gossamer procc is known to be useless, especially for boss tanking.

I however favour Gossamer over the Medal just because I like stamina better than avoidance, simply because it makes me more predictable to heal.

+ Reply to Thread