+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Satrina's Impeding Scarab/Juggernaut's Vitality

Satrina's Impeding Scarab/Juggernaut's Vitality

Is it possible to equip and use the normal and heroic version of this trinket at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Votexx View Post
    Is it possible to equip and use the normal and heroic version of this trinket at the same time?
    This kind of questiong could become increasingly important... basically, is the heroic version a different unique? Otherwise you suspect every class is going to want to doubledip their trinkets, every DW shaman, DK or Warrior is going to want to DW their weapons, etc...

Yes you can.

Altho you can get only static benefit... "on use" share CD with other one so you can use only one of them in 3 min time frame.

You can look @ it this way.

Double Juggernaut's Vitality
    408 stamina
    Increases maximum health by 5186 for 15 sec. 3 min CD.
    "Takes both trinket slots"
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

Quote Originally Posted by Mookey View Post
    Altho you can get only static benefit... "on use" share CD with other one so you can use only one of them in 3 min time frame.

You can look @ it this way.

Double Juggernaut's Vitality
    408 stamina
    Increases maximum health by 5186 for 15 sec. 3 min CD.
    "Takes both trinket slots"
    This is a good point. I wonder how many specs would really give up the on-use for the passive bonus? Tanking's one of the only ones where I can see it being an advantage on some fights - avoidance, armor, or healthpot on demand are nice, but they're nowhere near as valuable on most fights as a passive stam bonus, because only certain fights have timed up cyclical physical damage. And for Anub, where he stuns you, it's not even a debate, although I suspect you should be running the armor trinket for that fight for maximum survivability.

Hmm.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Most certainly is =).

Quote Originally Posted by Zothor View Post
    This is a good point. I wonder how many specs would really give up the on-use for the passive bonus? \.
    All of them, for every class.

I have both versions of Vengeance of the Forsaken - Item - World of Warcraft and the stats stack and the on uses do NOT share a cooldown. One trinket will be on temporary cooldown while the other is active which is just like any other 2 trinkets both with on uses.

trinket active

And yes I know that is WAY too much expertise, I didn't actually pick up these trinkets to use, no one else wanted them and I was hoping to get both specifically to test if they stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
    All of them, for every class.
    I'm not sure I agree with that. It's been a while since I've been a caster DPS full time, but at the time the big bad was Dying Curse. The proc was worth almost as much as the passive hit bonus. So if you were stacking the two passives, but losing the proc from one of them, you were functionally using a blue trinket or a level 70 trinket in overall damage increase.

From a tanking perspective, assuming you have the heroic 25 man trinket, your next option is likely either:

192 stam from the normal 25 man trinket

Or 162 stam from the Heart of Iron, along with 432 dodge on use for 20 seconds, every 120 seconds.

Trading 30 stam for an average of 72 dodge rating is a huge upgrade in overall itemization value, although admittedly (like most things tanking) is fight dependent. For TOC, because there's quite a bit of magic damage in almost every fight, I'd probably take the extra stam in this case. But it's not cut and dry, and for DPS I suspect most of them time they'll lose quite a bit of overall DPS not taking the on-use.

edit: If it turns out the above poster saying they share a cooldown was incorrect, the point is moot. and.... everyone and their brother will be trying to stack their best in slot trinkets. faaaaaantastic.

I have both trinkets check the armory link.
    The World of Warcraft Armory

I can tell you for a fact the stam trinkets SHARE a cooldown.

Thank god you told us twice.

It was a good clarification since the dps trinkets appear to be different.

The HP trinkets are categorized as Battlemaster Trinkets. It's stupid, and will probably get a change at some point.

+ Reply to Thread