+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extra Gear/Spec Advice.

Extra Gear/Spec Advice.

Hey,

Looking for some people to rip into my gear/armory/spec.
    Ect
    I've felt I may be behind on what is the in for tanking these days, and I found out the only way I learn besides looking up my self, Is to have someone give me harsh criticism. Fun times.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Just a little extra info on me I guess, I got Glyph of Sunder Armour and Glyph of Cleave, as I mainly pug heroics/10manNaxx/25manNaxx, ect and most of the people I run with are trigger happy. So the extra threat on mobs is nice.

I know I should get toughness, but I feel my vision of "3-4%" more damage reduction not a-peeling could be clouding my judgement.
    Also, I'm thinking about getting more Expertise/Hit but not too sure on how to go about that, personally.

More extra info, Since my guild is a little slow at times and some people are "Fire, Do I move?". Access to Totc, and End-Ulduar can be hard. 25mans is also just pugs.

Yeah, so, Go ahead. I have 65Badges of Conquest, 31Badges of Triumph. My current goal is the T9 Chest.

OMG i wouldnt even think of tanking any raid without toughness. Lose imp spell reflect and cruelty and get 5/5 toughness

Quote Originally Posted by Tanksforus View Post
    OMG i wouldnt even think of tanking any raid without toughness. Lose imp spell reflect and cruelty and get 5/5 toughness
    I don't know about the cruelty part... But Imp-Spellreflect+3points in Spec could be dropped.

You don't need cruelty, you have enough crit chance on your main attacks through the talents in prot.

Here is a standard threat build.

Quote Originally Posted by darksun20 View Post
    You don't need cruelty, you have enough crit chance on your main attacks through the talents in prot.

Here is a standard threat build.
    I heard you needed, Something like 30% crit before deepwounds was decent enough to get? Or has this changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsteaks View Post
    I heard you needed, Something like 30% crit before deepwounds was decent enough to get? Or has this changed?
    You gain enough crit from Incite and Critical Block to keep Deep Wounds up for most of the time. I have 5.85% crit on character screen but usually 75-85% uptime on Deep Wounds during raid bosses and it contributes to 5-7% of overall damage.

But seriously, get Toughness because your armor is very low.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

Ok, Changed the spec. Is there anything else, that looks like it needs changing?

Well, you could fill in rest of the slots with epic quality gems and consider different shield enchant. Titanium plating is relatively weak compared to +20 defence and since you're right at the 540, it would give you some buffer to swap gear around without having to regem too much.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

You might also think about swapping the +18 stam to your mittens to the armsman enchant.

I would get headplate of the honorbound before the tier chest. 10m ToC has a nice chest of anub.

Just my opinion, mainly because block rating on the t8.5 helm is weak, as is your expertise, honourbound helm makes up for that. Honorbound is better then the tier helm.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by drae View Post
    I would get headplate of the honorbound before the tier chest. 10m ToC has a nice chest of anub.

Just my opinion, mainly because block rating on the t8.5 helm is weak, as is your expertise, honourbound helm makes up for that. Honorbound is better then the tier helm.
    I wish I read this before I got my chest X(

But er, 18stam vs 10Parry Rating, 2% threat?

I haven't had threat problems and I had Armsmen before.
    Guess I'll swap to the 20 defense on the shield.

Also, I want to try and keep the 2set bonus from T8 as long as I can, because I'm stubborn like that.

+ Reply to Thread