+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Coliseum Anub'arak (Hard Mode)

Quote Originally Posted by Njordus View Post
    We are hitting p3 just when the 4th burrower pair of the fight spawns (getting to 55% or so before the 1st submerge, no bloodlust). Our current strat is to kill those then let the 5th spawn burrow, hoping to kill him before a 6th.

is this realistic or should we kill each wave of burrowers throughout p3.
    We've found it's more reliable to burn one or two more groups. If Anub is at <10% when a wave spawns, swap to single-target and have your damage ignore the adds.

-Splug

Thanks splug.
    Either play to win, or shut up and lose.

Are 3 healers used in the 10 man video?

Is it just me or did the 25 man video not mention the use of an arms warrior or a rogue to use a 50% healing reduction debuff? Or is this not important?
    Arms DPS main spec // Prot warrior tank off-spec

Quote Originally Posted by doom1992 View Post
    Is it just me or did the 25 man video not mention the use of an arms warrior or a rogue to use a 50% healing reduction debuff? Or is this not important?
    According to the healing done (compared to damage from locust swarm) on WoL parses, Anub'arak is immune to the healing reduction in 25-heroic. I probably should have included a footnote to say that during the movie, but then again my first pass at recording the audio came up at 15-16 minutes of chatter... so I'm not sure how well I could have done that.

EDIT: Also, I'm not 100% certain that's correct - but I have seen several sources state that Anub'arak is not effected by healing reduction. More likely than not, if you have a hunter in the raid you'll get aimed shot up on him without having to worry about it anyway.

-Splug
    Last edited by Splug; 11-24-2009 at 02:28 PM.

Is it possible to have the macro for the avoidance/Block ?
    I can't find it on the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wichowe View Post
    Go to the search box and look for "Anub'Arak Add Tanking Guide" by Badga, it has it listed.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Wichowe View Post
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f120/...ce-macros.html

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Hi, i'll just like to point out a slight error, stated in the transcript that "for Nature resist suggest Aspect of the Pack and nature resist totems" think you mean Wild in this case.

Also i'd like to ask, is there a specific way you handle the scarabs in phase 2 or is it just random mayhem ffa killing. Becos I note that between downing the remaining burrowers and the whole lot of scarabs, we still have a ton left when Anub emerges.

Made a somewhat funny flowchart to help my guild work on server first (low pop backwater server).

I was wondering if you could list the addon's used? And if you can download them from curse gaming?

In a 10 men settings with 2 healers (holy pal and holy priest) :

Major frost pots (whatever the name it is) are pretty good to mitigate the frost dmg in phase 3. I do PW:S as a shadow priest on PC targets when I can and enh shaman can maelstrom heal.
    A Holy Paladin with the Holy Light glyph and divine storm/imp leader of the pack/judgement of light can pretty much keep melees up. Spriest and a Healing Stream keep casters up.
    We kill the first set of ads that comes after the beginning of phase 3 and the boss is usually dead, letting the 2nd set of ads borrow.

Hi,

I have a question about the first movie (Anub'arak 25 Hard)
    Wich addons use that druid? I am a healer too and I love the UI and I realy need a new UI.

I hope u can help me

Quote Originally Posted by Flowne! View Post
    Hi,

I have a question about the first movie (Anub'arak 25 Hard)
    Wich addons use that druid? I am a healer too and I love the UI and I realy need a new UI.

I hope u can help me
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...llegos-ui.html

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Realy thanks!

Addons Used With Resto Druid

Was wondering if youd be able to tell me the name of the addon you used that made ur hots scroll down on the right side of the screen, id really appreciate it. thx

I know this is old-ish content, and Cata is coming up soon, but has anyone successfully attempted this since 4.0.1?

We went in tonight to try to get this down, and had our tanks near-unhittable, but we were having serious issues dealing with adds and the leech in P3. It seemed as though we didn't have enough overall cleave damage to kill the adds in time for the next wave, and if we switched to the other targets, the bosses health would start to rise up.

Our raid composition wasn't really ideal, but it's something we'd still like to get down before Cata hits.

Any tips?

AS Level 85?

Now that I'm 85, I've been going back and grabbing all the level 80 stuff that I don't have yet on this character. I've done Anub'arak on 10, 10H, 25, and now all that's left is 25H. We were able to do all the other bosses on 25H with 1 or 2 attempts but this boss is stumping us 30-someodd attempts in.

Watching the video definitely helped; we seem to be failing on add positioning during phase 1. Our phase 2 is good with some exceptional kiters in our group.

But what's getting us is phase three. We're not sure what to do about the adds; the add tanks keep dying in phase 3 and then the adds proceed to wipe us all. At level 85, vampiric embrace and small heals like that seem to be enough even for Penetrating cold, thanks to higher resistances, and bigger ticks of healing. So even that mechanic is not wiping us so much as the adds. We're putting heals on the tank and offtanks both but they keep dying.

What we haven't tried yet is switching dps to adds in phase 3 just like we do in phase 1; we're afraid the boss will heal for too much this way and we won't be able to keep up.

Any thoughts about how to handle phase 3 as level 85?

Haven't been in there at 85 yet but I would think your best strat is to continue to off tank the adds and just burn. The biggest coordination you need to do with the raid is to rotate cooldowns for the OTs on the adds. With 25 people, you should have enough cooldowns to almost always have some sort of buff whether it be pain suppression, guardian spirit, trinket cooldowns, shield wall, last stand, etc. to keep you going for a good 60-90 sec. I would think that with the raid dps people have now that he should be dead in about 60 sec or less. Make sure people remain calm, call out pre assisnged cooldowns, and dps burn, pop everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Thortok2000 View Post
    Any thoughts about how to handle phase 3 as level 85?
    Kill them. You won't be able to offtank them for any appreciable amount of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

+ Reply to Thread