+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which race for a Prot Pally on Ally?

Which race for a Prot Pally on Ally?

Which race would be the best for a Prot Pally Ally side? is it Humans?

Best is a hard term to use, but IMO Humans do give the most benfit. Free expertise with Swords / Mace, baked in PvP trinket AND free rep all sound pretty good.

Dwarves do have the extra expertise on Maces, but frost resist is so so, and gun spec is not used at all. Find treasure is only marignally useful as well. Stoneskin is useful, but only in certain situations.

Squidfaces are nice, but mainly for the extra hit %. It's your call really. I rolled human after looking em all over, but all are pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidska View Post
    Best is a hard term to use, but IMO Humans do give the most benfit. Free expertise with Swords / Mace, baked in PvP trinket AND free rep all sound pretty good.

Dwarves do have the extra expertise on Maces, but frost resist is so so, and gun spec is not used at all. Find treasure is only marignally useful as well. Stoneskin is useful, but only in certain situations.

Squidfaces are nice, but mainly for the extra hit %. It's your call really. I rolled human after looking em all over, but all are pretty decent.
    I would agree with most of that except that stoneskin is a nice little armor boost once in a while, a mini-CD. Not huge, but its nice. About as useful the baked in PvP of humans or the HoT heal of draenei.

Abilities aside, Dwarves are the alliance equivalent of tauren, they have the most base stamina. Not much more, but for min-maxing it is quite nice. I went with a dwarf pally myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    I would agree with most of that except that stoneskin is a nice little armor boost once in a while, a mini-CD. Not huge, but its nice. About as useful the baked in PvP of humans or the HoT heal of draenei.

Abilities aside, Dwarves are the alliance equivalent of tauren, they have the most base stamina. Not much more, but for min-maxing it is quite nice. I went with a dwarf pally myself.
    There is one small thing I neglected to mention though. Dwarves = Fugly.

Gogogo Human.

Bah. My Paladin is FEMALE! You can kiss her hairy legs!

Seriously, more Fugly than the horde?

The Horde are never fugly.

Don't forget that Space Goats get +5 to JC, which will help you level it (assuming you'll take JC if you're min/maxing your new tank). The +1% Hit is quite nice too.

Overall though all three have some benefits and some drawbacks. Human might just have the edge slightly, depending on how highly you value swift rep grinding.

There's no bad choice though, so I say just pick the one you think looks most fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dagimp007 View Post
    Which race would be the best for a Prot Pally Ally side? is it Humans?
    In-combat, dwarves survive better. Stoneform is an extra cooldown you can use.

Both dwarves and humans have expertise(one is weaker but broader in range), while draenei have a HoT (utilitarian use more than survivability, but there) and free 1% hit/spell hit.

I'd say you should go with whatever looks better to you. Can't go wrong with a spacegoat.

Well if you truly wanna min / max, I think the accepted best professions for a tankadin is JC/BS. So.... if you got that route you might as well go squid face. JC can be a bitch to power level unless you just throw money at it.

Honestly all three have their own pluses, it's whatever you would rather stare at really. I am sticking to human but each have a good argument for em. Go try on tier 8 stuff and see which race you think it looks best on. About as good of way to pick as anything else.

none of the bonus are enouge to make you chose a class over one you like or want to pick. just pick one you like and thats the best choice !

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidska View Post
    Well if you truly wanna min / max, I think the accepted best professions for a tankadin is JC/BS. So.... if you got that route you might as well go squid face. JC can be a bitch to power level unless you just throw money at it.

Honestly all three have their own pluses, it's whatever you would rather stare at really. I am sticking to human but each have a good argument for em. Go try on tier 8 stuff and see which race you think it looks best on. About as good of way to pick as anything else.
    just gotta point out that JC is of course a must for Tankadin.. but BS is not, Enchanting is just as good

I'd go with the hairy midgets, tbh. Mace expertise is good, Frost resist will come in handy in Naxx (against Saph at least) and Stoneform is kinda helpful. That and dwarves are just more animated. When the NPCs aren't all somber and morose, it makes the game more fun imo lol.
    ...Thoughts of a philosophical Death Knight...
    If death is the inevitable end of life, is life the inevitable end of undeath?

I'd go human. The racial is way too powerful to go without. Free escape from immobolising/fear effects can make a huge difference in tanking. Nothing worse for heals than a tank feared with his back to the boss unable to avoid or block hits. I find the utillity of what you can put into a glove/bracer socket from BS far more powerful than just a straight +60sta that enchanting gives you.

+ Reply to Thread