+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Triumph Badges - what to buy next?

Triumph Badges - what to buy next?

So I stocked up and bought the Blades of the Sable Cross ( I had crap for ranged, so this was clearly a huge upgrade for me ).

Here's my soon-to-be gear ( I just got the recipe for the deathdealers, so I'll have those in a day or two )

chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner

I'm now saving my precious triumph badges again and I'm unsure as to what I should purchase next.

The pieces I'm looking at upgrading are my shoulders or head.

Going from Conqueror's Siegebreaker Great Helm to the Honorbound Helm - ( the t9 helm just has crap tons of shield block value )

Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft

Or

Upgrading my H ToC shoulders to either the T9 or Shoulderguards of Enduring Order -

Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft

Helmet:
    Obviously a huge upgrade - the only thing I lose is 51 block rating, which brings me down to about 16%. Also, the helmet is expensive for me ( I only get badges from the daily H and from VoA once a week ). Last is that I lose my 2pc bonus from Conqueror's gear ( I only have the helm and chest. )

Shoulders:
    This one seems a bit harder to decide on - I'm basically trading the parry ( which I could probably use, I'm a little under the parry*1.8 to dodge ratio ) and some armor for a chunk of expertise, a small ( 15 ) bit of dodge and tiny ( 7 ) bit of defense.

At this point, I'm leaning towards upgrading my shoulders to the set-shoulders first, until I can maybe get another set piece of Conquest gear and then upgrading the helm next. My expertise is low ( just making the 26 soft cap ) so I think the boost from the shoulders would be nice.

Any advice/opinions would be welcome.

In my opinion the right choice would be the shoulders. It just like the head piece is the best itemized item in slot. It has about all the same upgrades the head has but it costs almost half the price and it could take you a very very long time going for the head piece with only koralon and heroic dailies. Although the head piece has all of that expertise in the upgrade it costs so much more emblems and consumes so much more time.

Quote Originally Posted by krc View Post
    In my opinion the right choice would be the shoulders. It just like the head piece is the best itemized item in slot. It has about all the same upgrades the head has but it costs almost half the price and it could take you a very very long time going for the head piece with only koralon and heroic dailies. Although the head piece has all of that expertise in the upgrade it costs so much more emblems and consumes so much more time.
    I agree. The shoulders are excellent for the slot and are only replaced by the higher ilevel shoulders of the same type. The headpiece while it very well could be our BiS (or close if it isnt, I haven't checked the heroic 25man loot very well), costs a great deal more than the shoulders so it should be put behind some of the easier to obtain, yet equally powerful, pieces.

hAI.

My idea for Emblem of trump is just buy a shoulder for upgrade. For hand or legs just lucky drop from H VOA. For me, hand drop in korolon 1st week new boss. So saving 1 trophy and 45 emblem. For chest just farm in 25 beast. Feet and back from 25Jaraxus.
    Untill today i have 4 gear on on item 245 level is shoulder ( i buy vendor ), Hand ( drop 25 voa ), feet ( drop 25 toc ) and back drop 25 TOC.
    untill today (not yet run this week TOC and 25 voa ) i have 78 emblem of trumph. So confuse wana purchase gun or just wait trophy drop 25 toc this week.

I disagree. The gear planner link is not working for me, but I think the very first item you should get is the ring. It's a BiS item and you will not replace it until T10. An excellent buy. Same thing with the weapon, which you already have. Personally, I have the tanking gun off Razorscale so I'm going to hold off on that one.

As for the shoulder's I recommend the Tier shoulders since they have quite nice itemisation. The expertise should come in very handy. Not to mention the 2 pc bonus is awesome. If you want to wait until you get a trophy to get the 345 shoulders, I vote for the helm of the honorbound.

Quote Originally Posted by brawl View Post
    This one seems a bit harder to decide on - I'm basically trading the parry ( which I could probably use, I'm a little under the parry*1.8 to dodge ratio )
    Not quite - the formula is:

Code:
    (character_sheet_dodge% - 10) / (character_sheet_parry% - 10)
    Your character link returned an error on the Armory but the chardev you linked shows you at 23.71 Dodge and 19.23 Parry.

13.71 / 9.23 = ~1.49 so you're still some way away from Parry being better to gear for than Dodge.

If you have the gun out of ulduar the Badge thrown weapon is kind of lame.

25 badges buys you
    5 str
    7 stam
    2 def
    3 dodge
    1 hit
    (1 bag slot because you can toss your bullets)

Thats not game changing

Save for the helm. I wish I had (and now I am). It's not only second in slot to the ilvl 258helm tier helm from heroic 25 man ToC, but it has enough expertise to let you start swapping in other BiS gear (like the ring) and not fret over losing expertise.

Technically the ring is second BiS behind Heroic Anub 25 and Heroic Twins 10 drops, but... it's still one of the best purchases possible.

My biggest issue has been trying to keep my TPS up while upgrading to the new tier of gear. For that reason my first two Triumph purchases were the Shoulder and Legs (for expertise and hit respectively). I also bought the throwing weapon because we are earning about 54 badges per week and it made sense to purchase the throwing weapon now and wait for next reset to get a trophy or two and buy another Tier piece (helm then gloves). If I can only get one Trophy then buying the ring will make sense instead of having the emblems rot for a week.

+ Reply to Thread