+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which lvl 80 Epic Tanking Chest for a Pally going into Naxx and Heroics?

Which lvl 80 Epic Tanking Chest for a Pally going into Naxx and Heroics?

Right now, I'm stuck with the lvl 75 Tempered Saronite Breastplate and I'm still 31 def pts shy of 540. Everything else is epic except for my 1h sword.

Which epic chest should I seek going into Naxx10 and Heroics?

I also need bracers with def stats.
    Last edited by Phazuka; 09-08-2009 at 01:09 PM.

The options are:

Conqueror's Aegis Breastplate (58 Emblems of Conquest, Tier 8.5) - grind some Heroics and buy this chest, it will be better than anything you'll find for a very long time.

If you want to do it the old fashioned way and get proper pre-Naxx gear (or if you need it before doing Heroics), you'd do best with either the reputation chest piece from the Wyrmrest Accord (requires Revered) or the quest reward chest from Utgared Pinacle Normal (quest giver is just inside the door).

For your 1H weapon, do two things: run UP Heroic every day and hope for the Red Sword of Courage and, while you're doing that, do your Argent Tournament dailies every day and save enough Champion's Seals (think you need 25, plus Champion of one city) for the Teldrassil Defender. Both are great starting weapons for an aspiring tank

EDIT: Oh and for bracers, either grind 60 badges for the Bracers of Dalaran's Parapets (they're BoE so you could also buy them if you have the gold) or run Heroic Old Kingdom for the epic bracers from the final boss.

Don't forget, you only need 535 Defense Skill to be uncrittable in Heroics, so enchant your stuff and get those last couple of pieces and you should get there easily. Good luck

+ Reply to Thread