Thread: 10 man ToGc Anub leeching swarm question

10 man ToGc Anub leeching swarm question

Just a quick question, Will judgement of light + Vampiric Embrace+ Healing Stream totem be able to negate the effects of leeching swarm when it ticks for 250hp? Thx

[20:48:03.419] Violeta Judgement of Light Raghnall +0 (O: 919)
    [20:48:03.419] Violeta Judgement of Light Jyl +0 (O: 548)
    [20:48:03.834] Violeta Judgement of Light Sgebulon +0 (O: 534)
    [20:48:03.834] Violeta Judgement of Light Jyl +0 (O: 548)
    [20:48:04.220] Violeta Judgement of Light Sgebulon +0 (O: 534)
    [20:48:04.624] Violeta Judgement of Light Jyl +0 (O: 547)
    [20:48:04.652] Violeta Judgement of Light Taryal +0 (O: 441)
    [20:48:05.049] Healing Stream Totem IX Healing Stream Totem Gharzgull +472
    [20:48:05.049] Healing Stream Totem IX Healing Stream Totem Jyl +0 (O: 471)
    [20:48:05.049] Healing Stream Totem IX Healing Stream Totem Raghnall +0 (O: 471)
    [20:48:05.049] Healing Stream Totem IX Healing Stream Totem Violeta +0 (O: 471)
    [20:48:05.049] Healing Stream Totem IX Healing Stream Totem Sgebulon +0 (O: 472)
    [20:48:05.049] Violeta Judgement of Light Sgebulon +0 (O: 534)
    [20:48:05.442] Healing Stream Totem IX Healing Stream Totem Marg +0 (O: 472)

That's with glyphed Healing Stream. Keep in mind that healing stream heals every 2sec, so it's close to 250/sec. About JoL, me (Jyl) ands Sgebulon are rogues, thus the superb proc rate. So it's a close one if you have to rely on 1 of these effects. Still, if you are going for the 2 healers tactic and (like us) you are not overgeared for it, HS and JoL will have to do because your 2 healers won't have time to heal the raid. If you have both HS and JoL, then HS in the caster group. If you have 2x HS and JoL, then HS in each group.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvo View Post
    Just a quick question, Will judgement of light + Vampiric Embrace+ Healing Stream totem be able to negate the effects of leeching swarm when it ticks for 250hp? Thx
    It ticks for the minimum of 1000 in hard mode. I have heard people using spriest in caster group, feral druid (to heal melee), a JoL and then healing stream in each group to keep up enough raid healing without direct heals until the kill, so long as the DPS is decent enough of course. Also don't forget if you have a holy pala on the MT with glyph of holy light (i thnk that's it anyway) then the 5 (or 4?) nearest people will get healed for 10% of the healing done. It's definately doable, but you need a significant amount of these healing sources to get through the full 30% if you don't outgear the encounter.

Don't really have experience of using this exact tac myself as we have a) no paladins, feral druids or shadow priests and b) we use a resto druid who can keep stuff rolling on people anyway
    Last edited by Xianth; 10-30-2009 at 07:51 AM.

leeching swarm definately DOES NOT tick for a minimum of 1000 in hard mode. the minimum is still 250.
    [18:48:34.984] Anub'arak Leeching Swarm Roknroll 200 (R: 50)
    [18:48:35.812] Anub'arak Leeching Swarm Roknroll 225 (R: 25)
    healing stream from a resto shaman should be fine to keep most people up with JoL. Put the spriest in the other group, so VE + JoL helps out there. The problem, though, is that JoL isn't a 100% proc and it depends on attack speed. The totem or VE isn't enough on it's own, and a long cast with a non-proc could kill the person.

We 2 heal it with myself (holy paladin) solo-healing the tanks and a holy priest taking care of penetrating cold and the raid. Since the priest is focused mostly on penetrating cold healing, it helps to keep the rest of the raid above the 1k mark.
    Last edited by Roknroll; 10-30-2009 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xianth View Post
    It ticks for the minimum of 1000 in hard mode. I have heard people using spriest in caster group, feral druid (to heal melee), a JoL and then healing stream in each group to keep up enough raid healing without direct heals until the kill, so long as the DPS is decent enough of course. Also don't forget if you have a holy pala on the MT with glyph of holy light (i thnk that's it anyway) then the 5 (or 4?) nearest people will get healed for 10% of the healing done. It's definately doable, but you need a significant amount of these healing sources to get through the full 30% if you don't outgear the encounter.

Don't really have experience of using this exact tac myself as we have a) no paladins, feral druids or shadow priests and b) we use a resto druid who can keep stuff rolling on people anyway
    No offense, but these really aren't very good ideas and are based off of false information.

Roknroll is correct on the amounts, however a resto shaman's healing stream totem is enough to keep up a group and so is VE, JoL def helps too and it keeps our melee up in 25 man too. Glyph of Holy Light is generally too much healing and can make for a much longer phase 3, but if it is your only AoE healing possible then maybe.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

oh ya, forgot about glyph of holy light. it will be healing for 1.2k - 1.8k to 5 random people if you are all grouped up. It is not a smart heal so it won't pick the people with the lowest health. If you use a holy paladin, make sure they aren't doing a HL spam to keep the tanks up. They'll have to use it a lot in the rotation, but mix in a good amount of FoL. otherwise you are doing 1.5k heals every 1.5 seconds to 5 people, which is a LOT of extra healing to anub.

Or just take the glyph out and put in a different one.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Yeh my apologies for the false info (that i've been basing our strats off, sadly ) I'm sure i've seen a spell detail which is the same name but did 1000. perhaps that was some old PTR data or something.

OK, used the following strat Sunday night and one shot him with no deaths and although we have one shot him before, it was generally a bit of a zerg at the end with people dying all over. On this day we actually had a crap setup in terms of cleave and dps as we had people away and the first few phases were messy with some adds not being killed fast enough, but the tactic was still very stable in p3:

Healers:

- Resto shaman healing the tank
    - Holy priest healing penetrating cold targets only.

Indirect healing:

- Feral Druid (LoTP)
    - Enchance shammy healing stream totem in melee group
    - Resto shammy healing stream in caster/healer group

Buffs (all of them used/activated at start of p3):

- Everyone with a frost protection pot
    - Everyone with a flask of +50 resistance
    - Hunter NR aura
    - Resto shammies FR totem

2 tanks, 6 dps, 2 healers.
    We used 2x HS and JoL.
    Hunter's aspect of the wild + frost pot ready for P3.
    We lost a rogue at start of P3 and still did it, no more deaths.