+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AP Debuffs

AP Debuffs

Since my guilds resident survival specced warrior recently rerolled (yours truly), our raids have been without an improved demo shout debuff.

This has sparked a discussion about the usefulness of imp demo shout, as our now only prot warrior does not run a survival spec, and our ret paladins do not currently have vindication. However what I really want to find out, is how much damage it shaves of, and this of course applies to vindication as well.

I have not been able to find it elsewhere on these forums, now I may just be blind, and if I am then I apologize.

As I said though, what I am interested in finding out, is either a flat number or a percentage of decreased damage intake by either having vindication or improved demo shout on a raid boss. This of course assumes an untalented demo shout already on the mob, so what I am looking for is how much extra damage the extra ap shaves off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Censi
    Can you please go over there please? Thank you very much.

Demoralizing shout reduces roughly about 10% physical damage. Improved demo shout is about 15%. It isn't much but a few percentages here and there adds up. The main tank should be the one who applies demo shout or vindication debuff. If the MT don't want to do it, have the ret paladin take 2/2 vindication. If the paladin don't want to pick up the talents, have the fury warrior apply it.

You don't need AP debuff on every fight. The only time you need it is when the tank dies.

regular melee drops by around 15%, special abilities may scale differently, generaly on a steeper curve. Thorim's Unbalancing Strike is almost halved by a full AP reduction.

Because of how many different people have access to an improved ap debuff, your raid should not be without it. If you are doing heroic ToC content, I would strongly recommend making sure someone has it. As you know, making a prot warrior spec down into fury just to grab imp demo really hurts threat. I don't know what ret paladins have to give up in order to spec into it, but it's almost zero loss for a dps warrior to pick it up. Have him/her pick it up and apply it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragaan View Post
    Because of how many different people have access to an improved ap debuff, your raid should not be without it. If you are doing heroic ToC content, I would strongly recommend making sure someone has it. As you know, making a prot warrior spec down into fury just to grab imp demo really hurts threat. I don't know what ret paladins have to give up in order to spec into it, but it's almost zero loss for a dps warrior to pick it up. Have him/her pick it up and apply it.
    Vindication is cheap to get. A ret pally can pick all the damage talents and still have 8 free points to play with. Putting two in vindication should be easy and passive.
    The most reliable applier of Vindication, however, is a tankadin.

+ Reply to Thread