+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not Sure if its me, or my gear, Please help

Not Sure if its me, or my gear, Please help

Hi, I just ran a ToC 10 with my guild this weekend, and we were on Northern beast. We could not get pass the first boss the impaler, because either the Other tank die, or I Die first. My cap is not at 540, but I do use Exile of the Mighty Defense to get it to 540. We switch impale when it stack at 3-4, and the other tank always seem to die first I don't know why. Can you guys check and rate my gear if I am ToC 10 ready or not? and if theres an improvement I can do. Also I'm having a bit of hard time finding a wrist for tanking, but I do have Temp sar wrist for the 48 defense one if I have to use it.
    Thanks.

Heres my Armory:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Several things.

1) Your spec is sub-optimal, as are your glyphs. Take a look around at some of the threads here and adjust your spec a bit. I would recommend 15/3/53 or 15/5/51 for general use, or 5/15/51 for max survivability.

2) You state you are using a elixir/flask to maintain 540 defense, when you are already crit immune through a combination of defense and res. This says to me that you don't know as much as you should about tanking.

3) Your achievements/gear show that you have done most of your tanking in heroics as most of your gear is from ToC5 or conquest badges. You would probably be better served to spend some time in lower content before you work on ToC10. One of those learn to walk before you run things.

4)Your hit rating is SUPER low, and your expertise isn't too great either.

5)As far as your problem with the impaler, try switching at 2 stacks instead. Also, if you disarm him, he doesn't impale. Little trick to buy some time.

+ Reply to Thread