+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which shield?

Which shield?

Northern Barrier from hodir25 or Shieldwall of the breaker from auriaya 10(with an epic stam gem)

I picked up Norhtern barrier for the minimal DKP cost my guild allows last night,it looked at a glance to be an upgrade to my Shieldwall, but alas i forgot the socket bonus the latter has and so it drops me a fair bit of stamina.

using neither unenchanted will drop me below the def min, expertise sof cap or melee hit cap, so both can take all 4 of the better shield enchants (+18stam, +20def, titanium shield spike or plating)

so what do i do? NB is going into my FL no matter what, and niether beats Skull of Ruin for my block set, but should enchant stam on one for my EH set and the Armour Plate the the other one for my threat set? which shield would work best with which enchant for which armour set?

a lesser concern is that i recall that my FR gear needs the +20def on the shield to remain uincrittable, however i could sacrafice a +30 stam gem from one the pieces for a epic def gem. hel if its really bad i could prolly switch back in crygil's discarded dreadplate for that gear set.

1 is an EH shield, and another is a threat shield.

You should pick which one to use based on what you specifically need. Generally I'd use the northern barrier 90% of the time over auriaya's shield.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

If you haven't equipped Northern Barrier yet, isn't it BoE? you might be able to nab a few thousand gold for minimal DKP ;D
    IMO I like Northern Barrier better, but they're close enough that there's not a huge difference.

well since it was DKP selling the thing would be a little dishonest, since i wanted it for my main spec i got it over a pally's off spec.

after equipping it and realising it would drop my health a fair bit, i asked the pally if he could see why it was dropping my health and offereing to ticket it over(it might have worked) then our DK offspec pointed out the socket bonus, and the pally declined the offer since if neither of us particualrily wanted to dip our epeens...er total health.

thanks for the replies, i'll have to see if the armour and the avoidance on NB is worth the stam loss on the calculator when i get home this evening.

+ Reply to Thread