+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bladeward vs Blodd Draining chants

Bladeward vs Blodd Draining chants

I am trying to figure out which would be the most viable for High-end progression. I picked up the Crusader's Glory last night and put Blood Draining on it. Havent been in a situation where i have had it proc yet. I was just wondering what the better of the two would be for a MT in ToC25 and getting into hardmodes. Or would Accuracy be the way to go since I have lost some hit with the UGs that I have gotten over the last 2 weeks. Thanks!

The World of Warcraft Armory
    Bigkountry - 80 NE Prot Warrior
    Vantage - Borean Tundra Realm

I had Blade Ward on my Last Laugh and thought it sucked. The proc chance was low, and the number of times I actually parried and got some damage off the proc was few. I've got Blood Draining on my Shiver now, and it procs all the time so getting five stacks does not take long at all. I wish it healed a bit more (like Runic Healing Potion levels), but right now it's like getting a free Super Healing Potion whenever you get to 35% health, which isn't too bad. For pure survival, it's the enchant I'd go with, but Accuracy definitely has it's benefits as well.

i think if your healers are really good accuracy or mongoose are clear winners since Blade warding is a bit self defeating, and blood draining is never gonna proc (since your healers are awesome.)

however, i prefer to help my healers keep me up whenever the opportunity presents itself, so i take blood draining (with DW it stacks very quickly) and taking auriaya last night i had it proc 5 times for 2k+ health. which isn't alot, but i think rather worth it since if the MT dies its almost always a wipe.

yeah

I heard that mongoose was not as effective after level 70? Was I misinformed. If so then I am totally going back to mogoose. That enchant was amazing!
    Bigkountry - 80 NE Prot Warrior
    Vantage - Borean Tundra Realm

You heard wrong. Mongoose is still fine for a tank enchant. Not as good as it was a few weeks ago due to the minor agi/dodge nerf, but still viable. I personally use Blood Draining for a progression enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaak View Post
    You heard wrong. Mongoose is still fine for a tank enchant. Not as good as it was a few weeks ago due to the minor agi/dodge nerf, but still viable. I personally use Blood Draining for a progression enchant.
    When the avoidance of agility was nerfed parry was at the same time buffed. Blade Ward was only anecdotally terrible but not bad at all when reviewing logs of real encounters. Blade Ward is a viable tanking enchant.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/5...ding-logs.html

I made this switch (from blade ward to blood draining) and, quite honestly, never looked back.

As much as healers do a fine job keeping me up, that small heal when you dip too low may be just the remedy you needed to avoid a wipe.

+ Reply to Thread