+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior Hit rating ??

Warrior Hit rating ??

ok i know the Prot warrior "hit cap" so to speak is 265 ... but the massive lack of hit on 25 man toc gear and i see alot of warriors running around with hit ratings around the 100 mark ... do we really need 265 ?? ... like as a raiding standard i always tried to keep my hit rating over 265 ... but not many other warriors seem to be doing this .. even warriors from some of the top guilds like Ensidia are running hit ratings very very low (kungens is 82)

whats the go with this ??

... confused

Just like you said, ToC gear is really lacking on +hit. Another thing to keep in mind is that when tackling new content, survivability comes first, threat second.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

hit is just another threat stat. if you need it for a crucial taunt, you can glyph for it. other than that - as long as your dps don't have to stop due to aggro, low hit is just fine.

You want as much as you can get (up to the cap), but not to the extent of hurting your other stats.

I really hate how none of the ToC gear has hit :/ If you want to keep your hit at respectable levels go for the T9.5 legs and the boots from 10 man ToC and at least you can get SOME ToC gear with hit.

I used to pride myself on always being hitcapped and expertise (soft)capped and now I'm at 190 hit :/ So I can't wait for the 10 man boots to drop and for me to win a DKP war for a trophy.

I've been using hit food, 20 hit to gloves, and a few hit/stam gems here and there.

I use hit food, a couple peices of the 10 man hard mode loot has hit on it. Only problem I've had with being around 100 hit rating is succesfully taunting off Gormok on 25 man heroic as a miss can kill a tank from healers switching thinking the taunt went successful (if you don't use a mod that announces it) but my solution to that was to replace the devestate glyph I use in my survival spec (imp. demo and commanding shout, imp shield wall) with the taunting glyph.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned expertise issues. It's not overly abundant either, and more valuable than hit in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned expertise issues. It's not overly abundant either, and more valuable than hit in most cases.
    Err, it is really fine. Check me on the armory. I still have quite a few Ulduar items, but my expertise is very high. With a little bit of effort I can reach the hard cap to eliminate parries. Armory shows me wearing the FL ring, but more often I wear the Auriaya one (I'm yet to see any tank ring drops in the Coliseum).

The World of Warcraft Armory

hit food > fish feast. 40 hit rating is invaluable in ToC 25 where you cant afford to not land a taunt.
    Nibbles <Frostwhisper EU>

I use the taunt glyph and stack expertise.

I don't consider hit rating important except on interrupt crucial fights like Vezaxx or Jaraxxus. Expertise is just much more valuable imho, i usually carry about 3% hit just to make landing demo's and TC's easier, otherwise all expertise, up to ~12.5% before I start working on hit again.

Just make sure you have the taunt glyph in, it's embarrassing when you forget.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

I like a healthy amount of hit so much so I am using for example hodir 10man mace rather than xt 25 man purely because there is little difference bar the hit - expertise. But tonight I have reach my breaking point and it is because of taunt, missing at those most crucial points and causing problems and wipes and people getting fustrated because of it, taunt glyph here I come.

Glyphs are cheap, regemming often isn't

I have found myself struggling for expertise more than hit, but I guess it depends on which drops come your way.

I'm confused about everyone saying they are struggling to find expertise?

The World of Warcraft Armory

That's my armory, currently with 46 expertise. i actually regemmed a few pieces from expertise stam to dodge stam last night because i felt 49 was a bit overkill.

But really, Triumph helm, 25 toc legs and 25 toc chest all have 69 exp rating each. Is it really that hard to get?

Dont take Shieldmaiden bracers (before ToGC version) - either get crafted or 10 man Dreadscale.
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

+ Reply to Thread