+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sigil of Virulence vs Sigil of Insolence

Sigil of Virulence vs Sigil of Insolence

I'm looking at the new sigils and wondering which is best for a Blood spec tank mostly doing 10 & 25 man ToC normal atm. I swap around a bit between MT and OT depending on the group. I generally don't seem to have problems holding agro, although staying alive till the end of the last phase of Anub'arak (10 man as MT) proved difficult (maybe a lack of familiarity with the fight causing the problem?).

I have 25.5% dodge 18.92% parry. My current deflection sigil boosted my dodge to 27.63% when it proc'd. I mainly run with that sigil as a few tests on mobs like Corpios the Defiled it seemed to noticably reduce the damage I took before killing him.

I generally run with the Greatness card unless I feel more HP is needed, then the good old monach crab comes back into play.

Sigil of Virulence
    Other threads seem to Sigil of Virulence, as BiS, which would seem an overall dps boost. Although the 200Str proc will add a bit to parry, I'm not really sure whether the increase will do much for my survivability even though i do have full points in Spell Deflection. I also wonder if i using DS every time i have FU pairs will be enough to keep the proc up?

Sigil of Insolence
    This is an obvious upgrade to my current sigil and with a time and stat increase would seem like a good choice. The old sigil was recommended for fast hitting bosses, but with a 20sec uptime, does this new sigil now benefit for slower hitting bosses/mobs too? However, most seem to recommend the Virulence sigil so i'm wondering if I have missed something important?

Many thanks for any advice given

lol I missed the fact that Sigil of Virulence does not proc on DS until after patch 3.2.2.... duh!

+ Reply to Thread