+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Coliseum Northrend Beasts (Hard Mode)

One thing that we do in our guild to help out our healers is we cast Levitate on all the healers what that does is when he tosses fire on us it hits and we drop down and it puts out the fire. ergo we dont have to move all you need do is have levitate cast on you again and your good to go and continue doing as you do. Hope this helps =D

we've been running some pretty smooth heroic beasts encounters since we got our raid to actually make sure they are spread in the transitions. We use 6 healers and 3 tanks, one feral druid and 2 prot pallies.
    For Snobolds, we have ranged and heals run into melee and everyone targets them and kills them. We normally are done with about 5 seconds left before the worms spawn, but if not we try to leave the feral druid tanking gormok while the 2 pallies bubble off the impale stacks and pick up the worms.
    We have our best geared prot pally on acidmaw while all dps burn him down. The other prot pally and our feral druid trade off tanking dreadscale so that when one gets the burning bile the other taunts the boss. This frees the debuffed tank to move toward whoever has the paralytic toxin as they (usually its 7 melee) move toward him as well. After the first burrow finishes we use heroism to finish off Acidmaw and use the rest of the hero buff to get dreadscale down far. One big danger we found at this part of the fight where acidmaw and dreadscale are both up, is that when the raid is getting burning bile its easy for there to be confusion with who exactly should take that debuff to the tank with toxin. We had 3 ppl at a time running to the MT and blowing him, the melee and themselves up while trying to free him. We just had a designated person call out one person to do the running, but you could also just use the fact that the game puts raid icons on ppl with debuffs. there will always be at least a skull person so just have that person be the one who runs to the tanks.
    Generally we have one more burrow and dreadscale dies shortly after coming up for the last time. Its very helpful here to remember that while dreadscale is rooted you have to be spread out but can be infront of him since he doesnt spray. This is when its dangerous for melee to be on the boss because of the risk 7 burning biles present. When the boss is mobile, spreading out doesnt matter but you cant get infront of him.
    Icehowl is easymode. Tank him against the wall, make sure not to be near a wall that still has a gas cloud spreading from when dreadscale was moving about. Dps make sure to position themselves so that when icehowl does his charge thing they arent at risk to be tossed toward any remaining poison clouds. Melee dpses from the tanks position so they dont lose dps to the whirl. Heals spread out so all dont get frozen at once, and if ppl have pvp trinkets equiped they can use them if they get targeted with his breath. If the person who is actually targetted by the freezing breath uses the trinket it ends the breath and no one gets frozen. Really great for keeping dps time
    As a healer in this fight id say the biggest worry on the icehowl part of the encounter is making sure to preshield or hot the raid before the boss does his charge attack. The knock back causes a large amount of damage so ppl should be topped off and hots should be ticking during the stun.
    For the fight as a whole, the biggest help i saw was our healers constantly yelling at the dps to spread out spread out spread the @$% out in the worm transitions. After that it was mostly cake
    Last edited by sycorax; 11-03-2009 at 12:08 PM.

What addon is being used here that lets her know when CoH and PoM are ready?

we have been bringing a priest in to cast levitate during the beast boss to avoid being hit with fire on casters, it seems to work well.

Add-ons

I really like the add-ons you are using in the bottom video....what are they? i can't figure it out....thanks

Mal

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsgoddess View Post
    we have been bringing a priest in to cast levitate during the beast boss to avoid being hit with fire on casters, it seems to work well.
    My only qualm with using this strat is that it may be considered an exploit. I brought it to my guild, and many seemed to think the same. Is there some mechanic I don't know about that would allow for this to be working as intended?

Just a simple question.
    In your movie you your using a swiftness potion right after Icehowl charges at your members. is there a reason why you dont have a hunter use apsect of the pack?
    Last edited by Sharoman; 11-19-2009 at 09:29 AM.

TOGC25 northrend beasts we got icehowl to 0.4% hp left(70k hp) prety fcked up lol that's like 1second later enrage timer and we had him

Anyone know if Effective Health or running a SBV/SBR set would be more beneficial ?

Gormok hits ridiculously hard and coupled with the stacks of Impale, What are the other tanks especially warriors running for this fight ?

You want effective health mostly, but having good armor and avoidance to compound with that health is super effective? Also you want to balance cooldowns and possibly use cooldowns from other raid members to reduce the damage taken.

armor = part of effective health.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Shodowz View Post
    Anyone know if Effective Health or running a SBV/SBR set would be more beneficial ?

Gormok hits ridiculously hard and coupled with the stacks of Impale, What are the other tanks especially warriors running for this fight ?
    How many stacks of Impale are you letting your tanks take? We found more than 2 caused deaths, so we have our tanks taunt when their own debuff has around 2-4 seconds left on it, Gormok seems to delay impalling after a taunt, although I'm not sure if it's different in 25m
    Don't you just love when people that geared up in Ulduar 25 complain that Ulduar 10 isn't a challenge

we use pally - warr - DK tanks

Pally first eats 4 impales, then we start the 2 taunt rotation - After every spell lock about 3 seconds after that the impale lands, We just pop CD's for dealing with each.

We are very close had a 67k wipe on Icehowl lol, I am using a pure EH set for this, just wasnt sure if thats what all the other tanks are using for this fight and the rest of ToGC 25.

In 10 man should this strategy be used too?
    We have had a couple of tries on northrend beasts and always wiped because of the tank died.
    In our raid we had:
    2 Tanks, Warrior and Death Knight.
    3 Healers, Priest, Paladin and Shaman
    3 Ranged DPS, Warlock, Mage and Hunter.
    2 Melee DPS, Rouge and Druid.

Maybe the DPS isnt so important, but its just if you had a trick to use one of the DPS's in this fight
    " I never think of the future, it comes soon enough"
    - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesarp View Post
    In 10 man should this strategy be used too?
    And im referring to the Addendum video to Gormok
    " I never think of the future, it comes soon enough"
    - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    I'm dealing with the same issue there, that and while we're trying not to hug each other we lose good DPS time on the boss.
    I have been having the same problem (kinda) in 10 man heroic...90% of the time I will have burning bile or the toxin and after 2 ticks I die because usually the healers are on the tanks.I'm a hunter so would aspect of the wild be useful for the toxin at all?

+ Reply to Thread