+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Coliseum Northrend Beasts (Hard Mode)

question

thanks for the added video it help us get through phase 1 tonight. i have a question though i noticed on Lore's video that both tanks were on Dreadscale when he came up. what is the strat for that and maybe i could help us on the worms too(which looks like our next big hurdle)

Melee gets owned by fire if all on acidmaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Holybubi View Post
    How can you deal with Burning Bile on the melee? it gets very hectic if 7 people with this debuff are running all around the room trying to not hug each other.
    this is nail on what happens to us...

Quote Originally Posted by Holybubi View Post
    Finally got the bastards down today. 3 Tanks, 6 Healers, 16 DPS.
    P1, Tank get 2 stacks. People with Adds run to melee, melee (excluding Kitty and retri) dps the adds down.
    P2, Acidmaw got 2 tanks, when one get the poison the other taunts. Then the tank moves as close as possible to someone with the Fire debuff.
    Melee spread into 4 groups of 2, 2 groups on each worm, Ranged kept distance as much as possible. Having max 1 player in their 10yard range.
    We got into P3 with about 2Mil HP left on the worm. Tank picked up Ice howl and placed him in the middle while we were nuking down the worm.
    After that its pretty straight forward, Used blood lust on the first stun and got him down couple of seconds away from his enrage timer.
    Hi were having exact same problem.. according to guide/video it was my understading to burn acidmaw with all the dps? same thing happend as to you we got owned with fire debuff like you said instant almost all melee dead when that fire hit. now in video i guess you had less melee and this was possible so in our case if so many melee(8 i think) its better to spread melee on 2 worms? so all on acidmaw or split into er 4 groups of melee depends on the raid makeup?

could you elaborate a bit on this.. thanks!

Regards
    Logist

The key is spreading the melee. After that make sure people dont hug each other when acidmaw is dead.

Ok gonna try this next time if there will be alot of melee on raid. Thanks alot for now!

edit: sry I have to ask in the movie it says: " it's advised that every raid member pulls up their range frame and stays 10 yards away from everyone else" urm some specific addon im missing here or built in feature or is this the range warrning from deadly boss mod for instance?
    Last edited by Logist; 09-28-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Logist View Post
    Ok gonna try this next time if there will be alot of melee on raid. Thanks alot for now!

edit: sry I have to ask in the movie it says: " it's advised that every raid member pulls up their range frame and stays 10 yards away from everyone else" urm some specific addon im missing here or built in feature or is this the range warrning from deadly boss mod for instance?
    you can do /range with dbm and bring the range check up

My guild has been trying this for the past couple nights but our tanks get keeping one shotted.

It seems that first of all, no matter what our tanks do, the impale debuff does not fall off our tanks unless the get four stacks of it. Then they have to wait the normal amount of time. But if they have two stacks and switch and wait it never falls off.

Furthermore, it seems our tanks are taking too much damage, and the amount put out is just unhealable.

Our guild doesn't have the dps to down the snobolds at the same time as downing Gormok, if we don't all focus on him, and have a group focusing on snobolds on tanks/healer, the jormungars come out, and by then its over. They're venom does far too much damage.

If I read correctly do the snobolds staying alive increase Gormoks damage output?

you can get a pally to place hand of protection on the tank, it removes the 4 stacks of debuff and then simply have the tank spam a macro to /cancelaura hand of protection.
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

The de-buff will fall off at two stacks if you use a three tank rotation. It will fall off approx 2s prior to a new impale being applied.

We found it easiest to assign a group of dps (5) to dps the snowbolds pretty much the entire gormok phase. It's usually our 3 hunters, our elemental shaman, and a misc. 5th.

Electronic - the damage gormok does goes up every time he launches a snowbold at your raid, Tanks should (must) be blowing cooldowns after 3-4 snowbolds have been tossed into the raid in order to survive the impale.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

You had few mistakes there,
    1. If a player gets hit by his charge, this can easliy be denraged using Tranquilizing shot (yes on toc25 HC).
    2. Arctic Breath can be interrupted (yes on toc25 HC).

other than that, nice movie.

is there any DPS min cap for this fight? can any1 link some wws? we tried this last time and it was hard to dps kobolds/boss w/o getting the worms in the fight, do you recommend using hero on gormok?
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Smekl View Post
    1. If a player gets hit by his charge, this can easliy be denraged using Tranquilizing shot (yes on toc25 HC).

o rly? this is gooood info will try it this week

Edit, as my guild actually just completed this encounter.

Comp

Tanks:
    Paladin
    Druid

Healers:
    Holy Priest
    Resto Shamans x2
    Resto Druid
    Holy Paladin x2

Heavy Melee DPS comp, 2 mages, 2 warlocks, 1 of each other caster spec.

P1:
    Used the 2 tank rotation w/ the paladin tank handling the impales on himself and the druid tank.
    Melee focused on the snobolds in the melee group and ranged focused on the the snobolds in the ranged group. We had about 15 seconds to spare, once we got people to stop dieing to fire bombs.

P2:
    All DPS was on Acidmaw till we burned him. We had a cat druid go to bear to tank the stationary worm. Our main tanks stayed on the mobile worm and switched off as each of them got a debuff. We also BLed at the start of P2 and we were getting Acidmaw down to about 30% before he submerged. Dreadscale would die shortly before Icehowl became active. Doing it this way, it's possible to have a big bunch of people get bile at once. Healers just have to be ready for that and have everyone spread out that get it, even melee. It also makes a big difference to have your ranged use /range 10yds and keep spread out.

P3:
    We all just burned Icehowl down hard. A few things to note though:
    1) When he casts arctic breath, the target of the breath can be broken out by anything that cancels out a stun. Blink works really nicely here. If that's done, his arctic breath will be interupted.
    2) While he's stunned after a charge, he does not build threat nor does he parry. Your dps can go ape shit, and your melee can actually get in front of him to melee to mitigate the amount of people arctic breath hits.(Note, some other sites have this reported as well, but may not be 100% accurate)
    3) No matter how you tank him, tank him on a wall. We had the Tank tank him facing a wall, so that he does not get thrown back. However, your melee can inch up towards his side, so they're not getting parried but are as close as possible to his front. They can try to position themselves so his knock back knocks them into a wall, which will significantly increase your melee output. We thought about tanking him w/ his back towards a wall, but we didn't want our tank to get thrown too far out. We would've had another tank taunt off of him, but we didn't want him to become taunt immune.

World of logs link to the winning kill.
    Last edited by Zinfadel; 10-15-2009 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smekl View Post

(been corrected on enrage dispell, see below)
    His breath cannot be interrupted directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinfadel
    2) While he's stunned after a charge, he does not build threat nor does he parry. Your dps can go ape shit, and your melee can actually get in front of him to melee to mitigate the amount of people arctic breath hits.
    Watch your threat meter of choice and you will see the threat table is very alive. So time your Tricks of the Trade and Misdirection to give the tank some help.
    Last edited by Jorge; 10-15-2009 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Enrage can be dispelled, apparently. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Please don't spread false information.
    In ToC-25 heroic Tranq Shot does nothing against his enrage after he trampled someone. Nor can his breath be interrupted directly.
    Don't spread false information Tranq shot do work on hardmode to.

Quote Originally Posted by Glittersmith View Post
    Don't spread false information Tranq shot do work on hardmode to.
    Do you have any logs for this? Last time we had an enrage (2 or 3 weeks ago) our hunters screamed like little girls that tranq shot wouldn't work and tanks should best be using a CD now.

Our hunters did calm him down last week in hardmode, will try to dig up a log for it.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

That is for beast hardmode last week, as you see he was enraged for 2,4sec before he got tranqed.

Oh and to see what I am talking about you should go to the tab "Buffs Gained".
    Last edited by Glittersmith; 10-15-2009 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Added log link and instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Glittersmith View Post
    Our hunters did calm him down last week in hardmode, will try to dig up a log for it.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

That is for beast hardmode last week, as you see he was enraged for 2,4sec before he got tranqed.

Oh and to see what I am talking about you should go to the tab "Buffs Gained".
    Well, I stand corrected:
    [21:56:32.245] Gilathir's Tranquilizing Shot dispells Icehowl's Frothing Rage

Thank you very much.

This is our first Beast kill on heroic 25 on our first week of attempts. We used a 3 tank rotation, but this next week we are probably going to use the 2 tank rotation that lore posted. looks terrible here, but just watch it in HD.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkVPRtW1Phs"]YouTube - Heroic 25 Northerend Beast[/ame]

Question to all...

My guild has been working on this for a few weeks (25 man heroic). The biggest argument of all is "Snowbold".

On the few attempts we "Ignore" snowbolds unless it is on a healer, we can get to phase 2. On those attempts we "Kill" snowbolds with ranges only, we usually lag behind schedule by 15-20% HP of the impaler.

3 tanks, 6 or 7 healers, Range / Melee 50-50 break.

90% of the DPS are 5-6k DPS capable. And when any player got snowbold, he drops about 1k dps (at least).

No, standing in fire is not an issue. Obviously have 3 snowbolds up at the beginning of P2 is. However, it's a trade off between making the timer or having to handle 3 bosses for 30 sec (which is extremely chaotic).

So, my question is that... Should I force them to kill the snowbold as it spawn and push them hard on it? Or keep what we are doing and kill snowbolds at the beginning of p2.

We always have whoever is snobolded to run into the melee, and have the melee target switch to the snobold, and kill it while cleaving/aoe hitting the boss (snobolds are immune to aoe/2nd target effects) and we kill them while fighting gormok.

Sometimes we'll kill gormok right as the wurms come and the other 2 tanks have to go pick em up, but realize that the "next boss" timer that DBM reports is when the next announcement is made, there's still probably 5-15 seconds that you have before the bosses actually engage. Going into p2 with snobolds is bad because you'll never meet the timer for icehowl. We go into p2 with no snobolds, and probably <3 seconds of loss dps on the wurms sometimes (and most times we don't even have loss of dps, it's a perfect transition) and we STILL end up having to tank icehowl for 5-10 seconds while we finish off the last wurm. So if you need to spend more time in p2 fighting snobolds and having diminished dps because of them, I imagine you'll never make it when icehowl comes in.

I think my guild runs 5 healers maybe 6, but definitely not 7, if you're running 7 it might be too many, and make sure all of your dps is putting out over 4.5k probably 4.8k minimum. It's a very hard fight, and if you're saying it's taking you 30 more seconds if you kill snobolds during phase 1 to finish off gormok after phase 2 begins, your dps isn't going hard enough.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread