+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Coliseum Northrend Beasts (Hard Mode)

In the 2nd wyrm transition, Dreadscale (burrowed) will come near the center, usually a little to the left. Acidmaw can come near the door of the instance, or the door where the bosses spawn, you'll need a tank in each place.

The 3rd transition is easy, you must have Acidmaw down, so eveyrone can stay at one door (spreaded of course), and the tank at the other side.

And our tanks with burning bile go directly to whoever has the paralityc debuff crossing the raid if needed.

We killed yesterday in enrage, with 7 people alive, our dps is a little low. We needed to heroism in the 2nd wyrm transition...
    Follow the Moeko Principle.

Just wondering if you have a screenshot or wws report of the dps done to downing northrend beasts in heroic 25? I read somewhere that the minimum raid dps for this fight is 5k, would that be a good guideline? In our last attempts we were having trouble getting Gormok down before the jormungars come up, because there was always 2-3 people dcing and then getting back online to find themselves dead due to fires. We're also using 3 tanks for gormok. I think we will be trying the strat where the range/healers with snobolds on them need to run and stack on the melee so that everyone can burn down snobolds asap, while leaving the snobolds on melee to get dpsed by cleaves, lb etc. This is so we'll have more dps on Gormok, although this means we might have the problem of having snobolds alive still when the jormungars spawn..
    Last edited by alannia; 09-09-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Hey, I was just wondering, with the snobolds during Gormok, should all dps hop on them or just ranged. We were attempting this in my guild last night and ran across quite a bit of trouble. We had all melee remain on the boss and ranged go on snobolds, also only had 7 ranged and about 10 melee, All melee were pulling a pretty consistant 6-7k dps, but ranged were doing about 4k due to switching so I'm just wondering if we should try different way. Thanks for the help =] Great video

Quote Originally Posted by alannia View Post
    Just wondering if you have a screenshot or wws report of the dps done to downing northrend beasts in heroic 25? I read somewhere that the minimum raid dps for this fight is 5k, would that be a good guideline? In our last attempts we were having trouble getting Gormok down before the jormungars come up, because there was always 2-3 people dcing and then getting back online to find themselves dead due to fires. We're also using 3 tanks for gormok. I think we will be trying the strat where the range/healers with snobolds on them need to run and stack on the melee so that everyone can burn down snobolds asap, while leaving the snobolds on melee to get dpsed by cleaves, lb etc. This is so we'll have more dps on Gormok, although this means we might have the problem of having snobolds alive still when the jormungars spawn..
    WoW Meter Online - Combatlog Replay

Quote Originally Posted by alannia View Post
    I did the math today, and assuming you get 3 charges from Icehowl for 45 sec. of double damage, I calculated that you need a minimum of about 82,000 DPS to down them in 520 seconds. So yeah, assuming you're running with a 3/16/6 setup, you'd need all your dpsers averaging about 5K dps.

In the meter posted above, they have about 90,000 dps.

The major issue my guild seemed to come across was Melee + Burning Bile.

We wiped once because the melee got the Burning Bile and he Swooped instantly after, killing like 7 of us.

And when it doesn't kill us melee....we're not allowed to go back in and DPS the boss till the debuff ticks off...resulting in not having enough time.

We go in with 3 tanks set up, Prot warrior and 2 Prot pally.

Tanks rotation as follow: Prot warrior, Prot pally, Prot pally.
    Round One: Prot warrior call for BOP once he get 2 stacks, Prot pally BOP himself after 2 stacks, and same for3rd tank.
    -To reduce stress on Healer early into fight

Round Two: we used DS on tanks, and tanks also use SW.

I tend to die alot in round two

I don't think my gear is lacking...here is my armory link:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Any tips will be helpful

thx

How can you deal with Burning Bile on the melee? it gets very hectic if 7 people with this debuff are running all around the room trying to not hug each other.

I'm dealing with the same issue there, that and while we're trying not to hug each other we lose good DPS time on the boss.

good video but seems a little light on specific details. I think most of us knows what happens (which the video shows) but not how to counter specific abilities

Hi there,
    Here's a tip we learned on gormak: when a caster gets a snobols they can still cast their usual spells (most of the times) if they force the cobol to lock a different school, so basically a destruction warlock can use drain life when they get a snobold, have their shadow school locks and keep using fire spells, shamans can cast lava burst so they can heal / dps and so on. This actually can help specially when learning the fight.

Btw, can someone confirm / deny if the worm's spit can be spell reflected? it will be another way to negate some damage and get a lil more threat.

We seem to have trouble with tanks getting insta gibbed on 25 man heroic when tanking Gormok. We seem to take 2 hits within 1 second dealing 50k - 60k damage.
    After looking in my combatlogs i can see that Gormok didnt parry, so it shouldnt be the parry effect that Blizz said they would hotfix.
    I dont believe its my gear either as i fully raid buffed is running around with 49˝k health:
    Here is the Armory link: The World of Warcraft Armory

Hello,

first our setup was 6 heal 2 Tanks 17 dps.
    We use 1 pala and 1 Druid Tank.

We made Today about 20 trys and only 1 time a tank died on Gormok.
    First the Druid Tanks up to 5! Stacks Important is that the druid uses Barkskin(-20% damage for 12 seconds) about 0,5-1 second before the 4th impale so it is still active on the 5th stack.

Then the Paladin taunts and the Druid gets Blessing of protection to remove the stacks.

The Paladin then Tanks to 5 stacks again until the third Stack there is no Problem because Gormok has only 2 to 3 stacks of his +15% damage buff.
    The 4. and 5. impale does havy damage and if the paladin doesnt dodge the normal hit or parries it he will geht about 50k to 56k within 0,4 to 0,8 seconds.

The paladin has all hots on him and 2-3 healers try to time a heal with the incomming impale so at least 1 healer catches the half second between impale and the normal hit.

So the risk of death for the paladin on this 2 impales is not so high he can dodge/parry or he gets an heal between the hits and if all fails he has the new Talent Ardent Defender which saves his life 1 time.

After that he gets Blessing of protection and the druid takes 2 impale (again with barkskin yes it is ready again and then the paladin 1-2 impale depending on dps.

We avoid the problem with the firedebuff on meeles by splitting the meeles in 4 camps each 2 guys (only when acidmaw is the moving worm):
    2 on the left side of acidmaw,
    2 on the right side of acidmaw,
    2 on the left side of Dreadscale,
    2 on the right side of Dreadscale.

We had Icehowl on 7% today

Next time he is dead i hope

Since last hotfix Gormok doesnt parry haste anymore, so i swap 2 items with expertise for defense stats if you have no aggro problem and have some of such tankequip switch it.
    Last edited by pat; 09-13-2009 at 07:52 PM.

We use 2 tanks for the entirety of this fight. Skuj (Pally tank) and myself (Warrior tank) let the stacks from Gorrmak build to 5. At 5 stacks, the other one taunts. Typically we use personal CDs at 4 stacks. I tank first, this means I naturally let my stacks fall off. The pally tanks second, and uses hand of protection after we down Gorrmak to clear his debuff stack. We try not to let there be more then a 10 stack of debuffs divvied out but sometimes we are light on DPS and I have to pick up a second round. This is only a problem if there are no bubbles left going into Acid and Dread and even still, I typically only have 2 stacks left on me.

At the beginning of Acid and Dread, they both spawn in predictable places. Acid is static and spawns to the left while Dread is in motion and spawns to the right/center. Skuj picks up Dread and I jump on Acid. I place my back to the left back wall and when I am kicked I charge back. All DPS is focused on Acid at this time. Melee forms a semi circle around the back side of Acid while range sits 30 yards beyond them forming a little path between the melee and the range. In the event a range or melee gets the debuff, Skuj (who almost always gets burning bile) kites Dread through the trail and then hits the person who has the debuff. In the event I get the debuff distributed by Acid, Skuj kites Dread between myself and the wall behind me. We typically burn Acid down in 1 phase. If we are slow on DPS, we have acid down within 10-15 seconds of his motion phase. Once Acid is down, everyone moves to Dread.

Depending on how the Jormongers ended, the tank without any debuffs grabs the giant monkey. We use bloodlust on the first wall smash and the main tank by default blows a CD, gets Pain Supression, and receives the wings thingy from our holy priest applied just in case someone screws up and gets tagged by his charge. Bloodlust is only used, if he stuns himself.
    Execute for show, tank for dough.

Finally got the bastards down today. 3 Tanks, 6 Healers, 16 DPS.
    P1, Tank get 2 stacks. People with Adds run to melee, melee (excluding Kitty and retri) dps the adds down.
    P2, Acidmaw got 2 tanks, when one get the poison the other taunts. Then the tank moves as close as possible to someone with the Fire debuff.
    Melee spread into 4 groups of 2, 2 groups on each worm, Ranged kept distance as much as possible. Having max 1 player in their 10yard range.
    We got into P3 with about 2Mil HP left on the worm. Tank picked up Ice howl and placed him in the middle while we were nuking down the worm.
    After that its pretty straight forward, Used blood lust on the first stun and got him down couple of seconds away from his enrage timer.

Our guild finds

My guild has been running normal for a while now and have now started hard mode attempts. A few things we've found a few mechanics that might aid you in the fight.

In the fight against Gormok, you can spot the fire bombs as they travel through air, somewhat similar to General Vezax's shadow crash. They pop off from Gormok's back and then land on the player which gives that player a chance to dodge it before it lands.

Also, while the snowbolds cannot be taunted, they can be agroed by a tank if they pick up enough threat and are in range of the snowbold's melee. This means that the tank that is waiting for his impale stacks to wear off can find these snowbolds and pick up agro to stop them from interrupting any casters. The damage from impale is fairly predictable and the snowbold's melee is pathetic against a geared tank, but the tank needs to make sure he can get back to taunt gormok for the tank rotation. (fyi, if you are a prot warrior the snowbolds can not be charged)

Its a good idea to have a handful of DPS to be specificly on the snowbolds with target macros in order to increase DPS.

I hope this helps.

Lore created an addendum for the encounter which offers a way our guilds have been successful using two tanks instead of three. It's embedded now (and will be downloadable shortly).

So to summarize the addendum:
    tank 1: 3 impales (No CDs)
    tank 2: 4 impales then bop (minor CDs)
    tank 1: 3 impales then bop (minor CDs)
    tank 2: 1 impale only (major CD)
    tank 1: 1 or 2 impales (major CD)

Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post

Is that right?
    Precisely. It's very convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post

Is that right?
    Depending on gear you can use a rotation as such which our guild has used the last 2 weeks.

We use a Paladin and Warrior (Myself).

Tank 1 (Paladin): 3 Impales (No CDs)

Tank 2 (Warrior): 6 Impales - Impale 1: No CD
    - Impale 2: Use both Stam and Dodge Trinket
    - Impale 3: Both trinkets will still be active Use Last Stand
    - Impale 4: Last Stand is still active i get a GS or PS Depending on what spec our priest's are.
    - Impale 5-6: Right before the 5th stack of impale i use unglyphed SW and that stays active upto just after the 6th stack in which the pally taunts immediately and i get a BoP, Clearing my stacks.

Tank 1 (Paladin): 3-4 Impales: Paladin tanks using outside CD's (Sacrafices, PS's and or GS's) in turn with havign AD availiable he can easilly tank gormok till dead.

Our paladin usually only aquires about a 4 stack max usually in turn he will BoP off after Gormok's death leaving both tanks free of DoT's which will help your healers mana immensely
    The answer is user error

+ Reply to Thread