+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK tank hit cap

DK tank hit cap

Just a simple question because I can't get the same answer from everyone, is the hit cap for a DK tank the same from a DK dps??

thx in advance!

The standard 8% for special attacks applies to DK tanks. Pick up Nerves of Steel (Frost Tier 2) reduces Dualwielding to 5%. The Draeni racial stacks on top of gear, though your character sheet won't show it.

Note that spell abilities like Icy Touch have a higher need on hit, but there was discussion on where that cap actually fell. I personally don't see misses while running at 8%, so it may have been stealth changed since WotLK's release.

Ive seen misses at 8% with spells, but its pretty rare. But everything Esch says about hit is accurate.

8% melee hit is the cap for melee based attacks, spells require 17% spell hit, 8% melee hit however converts to about 12% spell hit.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Which translates to about a 2% spell miss rate with a shadow priest or balance druid in the raid. Which is why you rarely if ever see misses

Howling blast and Icy touch are spells so they require 17%. Frost strike, death strike, obliterate etc are specials so they only require 8%.

Taunt is a spell. With my new ToC 25 upgrades my hit has *hit* the floor.

+ Reply to Thread