+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Warrior which to Arms - Need Advice

Fury Warrior which to Arms - Need Advice

My fury warrior hasn't been getting decent DPS. I want to respec to arms, but that would require getting new gear. So my question is what would be a good starting set for getting into arms? Or if I stick with fury, what gear should have the top priority of being replaced?

I recently ran Naxx & Azjol-Nerub and did a decent job, but I know my character wasn't living up to its full potential. I have 16 Conquest, 2 Heroism and 6 Valor Emblems.

Hit me with whatever criticism and advice I need.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Well, if your pvp gear is all you have, then i start to understand your problem.

cap hit (8%, 26x hit)
    26 expertise. (18 expertise with weapon mastery)
    get +30% crit.
    stacks str/arp for the rest basicly (arp > str as arms)

Fury is know to be very taxing at lower gear level like your right now specially weapons. Also you are no where near the hit cap(8%) or expertise soft cap(26), if you go in raids your DPS will be abysmally low. Most of your gear is pvp gear which is not helping either.

Without a doubt the right path would be to go Arms till you get better gear but if you wanna stick to fury read below.

Few things I can suggest,

-> Your spec and Glyph choices leaves a lot of room for improvement, Here is what I would recommend Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Please not lot talents in top tier arms tree and improved cleave are fillers and can be moved around to say Unbridled wrath etc. 3rd glyph major slot is empty and you can use it for whatever you want.

1. gem purely for Hit till you are capped, thats the best.
    2. Run heroic nexus there is a hit trinket from final boss, its blue but has a lot of hit on it, or a Grim Toll, try to keep hit above 200 or so.
    3. Run Heroic TOC to get the Axe.
    4. Hit Enchant on you hands.
    5. Manage your rage well, thats the key of good DPS, HS only when rage > 50 and Slam only when its instant.

Some read here too http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f177/...ury-guide.html

It's most likely a combination of gear and rotation. Make sure you're using Bloodthirst, Whirlwind, and your instant Slam whenever they proc. I'm a tank primarily, but I had a similar problem with my offset - I tried Fury and did... meh. I think I topped out around 2k raid dps. Respecced Arms, and with the same gear hit 2.7k. Well-geared Fury warriors in my guild were still doing more, but with a mixture of Naxx and Heroic items, I was satisfied with a 2.7k dps. My spec is designed to be a little bit of a PvP-PvE hybrid, but it's seemed to work well for both so far. You can see it here if it helps: The World of Warcraft Armory

The only changes I'd make is switch weapon spec. to whichever weapon you currently have (poleaxe being the best right now) and to swap out Heroic Strike for Deflection if you're using it more for PvP.
    (I have my PvP gear on right now (just building a PvP set), so this isn't the gear that I would raid in, but it's all similar item level).

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Eravian; 09-04-2009 at 06:31 AM.

Thank you very much for the advise. I put some +20 hit gems in my gear, changed my glyphs and adjusted my talents. I'll keep working on your guys other suggestions and start running Nexus this coming weekend.

Thanks again for the help.

+ Reply to Thread