+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unparryable

Unparryable

Not exactly game breaking or anything, and I'm sure many others have done it before me - but I still thought it was cool. Noticed a week or so ago that I was sporting 12.25% reduction to Dodge and Parry via Expertise just in my normal tanking set (Ulduar gear FTW). I moved some pieces around here and there just to see what I could come up with.

The gear in the SS obviously isn't what I'm currently wearing in the amory (I'll try to get like a ctprofile or something up). Wearing mostly 226 gear with 2-3 pieces of 245 sprinkled in. I'm also wearing Titanguard, which does not take advantage of my Orc Racial. I'm sure I could have done it easier just grabbing any old axe, but I wanted to try to maintain a tanking set that you could tank anything with (except with stacking Expertise).

An astute observer will also notice that I'm melee hit capped, meaning all my non-spell hit based abilities have a 100% chance to do dmg to the target. I'm also quite a bit over the assumed 14.5% hard cap, meaning I could drop a few points to maximize the gear set. But I honestly just was kinda laughing, and having a good time with it. I didn't think about it too much, when I took the SS. Plus I dont have access to all gear available (hard modes), and was just using what was in my bags at the time.

Still able to maintain ~34.5k HP unbuffed (well fed buff in the SS), and 23.6k armor. I was wearing all plate tanking gear, with the exception of 1 piece (leather belt IIRC), so my Avoidance did not suffer that much at all. Edit: Forgot to mention that I only have 1 Expertise Gem or enchant - and that is only to keep my meta activated.

About the only thing I think a gear set like this would be good for is tanking screenshots and posting them on webistes. I really don't see a scenario where the benefits of being unparryable would outweigh the other stats you sacrifice for progression raiding.

Last edited by Andenthal; 09-03-2009 at 01:16 PM.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

That's still a lot of expertise! But then again, Ulduar was expertise packed to the edge, so if you do ulduar regularly it should be quite possible without much trouble.
    The box said: "Requires Windows 98 or better.", so I installed Linux.

I'm just slightly better geared than you, same deal, 226-245 loot- and it's hard as hell to drop expertise. My EH set has 57 exactly with only a couple exp gems that I'll be dropping soon enough.
    Seems like Blizz is force feeding tanks expertise lately.

I was looking through Coliseum loot the other day, and I'm expecting to drop a ton once I drop a lot of Ulduar gear. I'm not trying to shed it really, just knowing that it'll probably happen whether I want it to or not. I think I'm currently running ~10.5% after upgrading 2 pieces Tuesday Night (lewt whore).
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

+ Reply to Thread