+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spell Reflect applications

Spell Reflect applications

Does anyone have anecdotal examples of fight encounters in say Ulduar and ToC where spell reflect is usable against boss abilities?

I was just wondering when I can use it to reflect an ability that would otherwise damage me or even better, damage the boss with his own ability!

Very good question.
    As far as boss fights. I would think that the answer would be none, Since Blizz wants all tanks to be able to MT all fights. And that would create too deep a "Niche" for warrior MT's.
    I research most every fight pretty well and I really cant recall any boss abilities reflectable in current content.

Supposedly, and I only have a comment on wowhead to go by as I've not tested this, Spell Reflect doesn't even work in Malygos P2 any more. If that's true, then the usefulness of the ability against any raid bosses is nil.

Mimiron at least.
    You can sellreflect the ranged attack that the head does.

Trial of the crusader: improved spellreflect+pvp match is reall really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by orcstar View Post
    Mimiron at least.
    You can sellreflect the ranged attack that the head does.

Trial of the crusader: improved spellreflect+pvp match is reall really nice.
    Thats bout all I can think of as well, tho ph. 4 Mimi it's really nice, you can easily tank the head and the bottom at the same time.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

thats what i use it for. used to have a ranged tank the head, but now I just taunt the head at the start and can reflect every other orb he shoots. Does a fair amount of damage actually.

Razorscale's fireballs can be reflected (but not the blue balls or p2 breaths/debuffs)
    Trash towards Iron Council, you can reflect all the dmg from the floating orbs without consuming spell reflect
    Iron Council itself, Chain Lightnings are reflectable I think, not sure about the rest.
    Thorim gauntlet casters are reflectable, the Frostbolt volley in hardmode could be as well, not sure.
    Mimiron hand pulses in last phase can be reflected.
    Yoggy, the tentacle spells are reflectable.

Generally, all AoE spells, breaths, "volley" spells with a range limit and tactical spells can not be reflected.
    All single target damage spells that are not a core mechanic of the fight, as well as some volleys (most of those usually have a fixed # of targets) are both groundable and reflectable.

A Warrior with a Shaman in his group could probably tank Mim head very easily.
    Most other fights the reflectable spells are random target, so imp. Spell reflect could be a nice button to push if you have the rage and you feel like helping out the healers (and DPS)

Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    Trash towards Iron Council, you can reflect all the dmg from the floating orbs without consuming spell reflect
    Doesn't seem to work anymore since 2 weeks ago I think
    [Tank Addict]

Thank you for the brain dumps, especially Wartotem. That's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

Not game changing to use it but I love the concept and feel it is so Warrior niche that rage permitting I wanted to celebrate that fact!

Most of those effects I mentioned are those that are also Groundable by Shaman totems (which is how I discovered most of 'em :P). Just in case any Shamans drop by and feel like helping out their guild in their Yogg-0 attempts

+ Reply to Thread