+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ToC 10 tank sword vs. others?

ToC 10 tank sword vs. others?

So... Is it just me or does the new 10 man sword off of Anub just not stack up well against the other top tanking weapons? I passed it to my offtank last night to keep the Peacekeeper Blade. I just can't see 450 armor being better than a lot of stam, avoidance, and expertise...

Do others disagree? Agree? Not care? etc.

Peacekeeper blade is pretty nice if you don't need the defense. But the armor is better than the extra stamina on peacekeeper depending on how you socket it (ie if you throw Green gem in there the armor comes out ahead). I believe the ToC sword has at least equivalent avoidance and likely better avoidance after DR's are accounted for.

The expertise on peacekeeper is better than the extra dps on the ToC sword though.

So, Peacekeeper is a nice threat weapon which is what I use it for (I save Titanguard for survivability). I guess you could argue whether the ToC sword is worth it if the other tank needs an upgrade / dkp issues.

There's no arguing that the hardmode version is BiS though =p.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    There's no arguing that the hardmode version is BiS though =p.
    I know I'll be going for heroic Ardent Guard first and foremost, but ignoring the socket bonus on Orgrim's Deflector and sticking in a 30 stam, you've got a weapon with much nicer avoidance stats, better stamina and much better damage. Compared to the armor bonus of Ardent Guard, I think BiS is going to be a tough choice, but I may lean towards Orgrim.

Actually I just noticed that there's Ogrim's Deflector on hardmode 25. And Blood and Glory in the tribute chest. So I was a little hasty in calling Heroic Arden Guard BIS!

It's the best survival weapon in the game imo. The only upgrade i'd take over the 245 Crusader's Glory is the 258 weapon out of the Tribute chest in 25H. Even then id see myself using the Crusader's Glory in 80% of the current in game fights.

As far as the 10man normal 232 one goes, i'd keep Sorthalis over it.

The Ardent Guard

Titanguard and Shiver are better than the iLevel 232 version of the Ardent Guard imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Torebore View Post
    Titanguard and Shiver are better than the iLevel 232 version of the Ardent Guard imo.

So is the Peacekeeper Blade IMO (for people who don't need the defense)

Unless I choose to press the 10man heroic for last boss sword, I will be going for xt hardmode mace.

Just curious if anyone else comes up with 10 man weapon actually being better choice then Shiver, Titanguard and Peacekeeper blade. Might not be huge gap in choice, but due to armor unless you completely rule it out, seems better choice. I think I have pretty high value on TPS / EH in my set. Here is how it list weapons for me at least of course being Warrior.

Keep in mind this is based on my gear stat weight.

Silverwing Defender / Ogrim's Deflector - 2342
    Crusader Glory / Ardent Guard (10 m Tribute chest) - 2353
    Sorthalis, Hammer of the Watchers - 2158
    Honor of the Fallen / Blood and Glory (10m) - 1972
    Crusader Glory / Ardent Guard (10m) - 1939
    Peacekeeper Blade - 1905
    Shiver - 1850
    Titanguard - 1754

Pretty sad if this post was previously removed for stating where I get my tanking spreadsheet from

+ Reply to Thread