+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Coliseum Anub'arak

We downed him on both 25m and 10m last night and it is a fairly fun fight. I got his ENTIRE hitbox on the ice and he still burrowed so it is definitive that you cannot prevent phase 2 on live.

What worked best for us was similar to the vid keeping all our melee on the boss non-stop and just have ranged switch to burn down ads as needed and also dropping as much frost as possible.

I worry about fights like faction champions and this on heroic diff but it is fairly straight forward on normal (although 25m is definitely much more taxing then 10man).

One thing to be aware of, I tend to pickup ads without thinking and it is not a good idea to have the MT have like 10 stacks of the ad debuffs lol

Since the realease of TOC, I have been taking PUGs in there on 10 man setting. All in all I have only had real problems with faction champs, but once CC's are under wraps it becomes an easy fight (you can tell when CC's are not being handled properly because you won't even get 1 down, but if they are you clear it and rofl at how smooth is went).

I am just wondering 1 thing before I do my pug tonight. In P1 on 10 man, is there still 2 adds that must be kept seperated, or can the damage be handled by one tank? If it can not be, do you have a plate wearing class or druid go bear and pull one to the side, or does the MT just pick one up?

Something that people might find useful. Death Grip works in positioning the Frozen Spheres.

Other than that, we downed this on our 2nd attempt in 10-man last night. Yup, no matter how huge the patch of ice we setup and how centered he is, he still burrowed.

We did this with 2 tanks, one for the big adds, and another for Anub himself. Whenever he burrows, the group splits into two, one group to each side quickly burning down the small bugs. Tanks avoiding the small bugs is helpful in easing healing since the stacking DOT they do can be a problem.

Having macros for targeting Frozen Spheres for shooting or death gripping also helps, so ranged can just keep spamming this macro.
    Last edited by jaydee; 09-02-2009 at 08:43 PM.

Has anyone experience with heroic mode of Anub'arak?

We didn't have much trouble with killing him in 10-man normal mode(firsttry - firstkill) and also cleared the10-man heroic version up to Anub'arak within 8 wipes but we find especially P2 on Anub'arak quite challenging. It seems that we only have like 5 spheres we can use for putting up permafrost.

Do we have to kite the spikes for a little time so that 5 permafrost areas are enough? Do they respawn when we come to P1 again? (we never made it through P2)

Anub'arak just seems to be a lot harder than the other bosses.

Killed him on 10 last night after 1 wipe, it was worth it for the vent chat though.
    "Where is the permafrost" "We're supposed to stand on it" "Does anyone see it?" "Where is it?" "Crap"
    "We must be doing something wrong"
    "Oh, hey, guys, look up"
    Entire raid "Ohhhhhh....."
    After that it was no problem.

We did Heroic mode 10m last night.. There are only 6 permafrost for the entire fight, meaning you can only survive 1 burrow phase. Mages can iceblock and not die to the spikes to save a permafrost, other ways are unknown. We entered into P3 a couple times but died. First attempts we used heroism early to push into P3 then realized it was unnecessary and saved it for P3 like normal. All dps is on Anub when he is not burrowed, we tanked the adds behind him and positioned anub so his back was on the edge of a permafrost (so to not allow the adds to burrow).. having the adds here, they soaked up some aoe while everyone was on the boss. After the first burrow, we focused all the elite adds down so there were none as we enter P3.

Tonight we are going back fresh and should down him. Hardest part is P2 while hes burrowed and kiting.

In theory the only people not kiting spikes or downing the 6 permafrost should be grouped together so the nonelite adds can be continuously dps down without killing healers

We continued trying Anub'arak 10-man heroic today an reached P3 but always wiped at about 15-20%

Setup: 2 tanks 2 healers 6 dd

After the fight startet we shot down all 6 spheres and 2 dd were killing the elite adds wich were tanked directly behind Anub'arak on permafrost.

In P2 a rogue and a hunter were kiting the spikes as good as possible so that we always had 1-2 permafrost left for the 2nd P1.

We entered P3 without adds and ignored the new spawning elites but never survived longer than up to 15-20%

@Daishar
    How did you manage to offtank all the adds in P1? Until P2 there should be like 6 of them? How many healers? Who interrupted their shadowstrikes (idea: fok rogue)?

We tried it on 25 man yesterday and we were definitely doing something wrong.

First we tanked the adds all bunched up together near the boss, which kept killing the offtanks. Then we assigned more dps on the adds, to kill them quicker, and eventually we assigned all dps on the adds as long as more than 2 adds are up.

We hit the enrage timer (at 7:11? :S) with Anub's health being like 55%.

Once we realized the bunching up was the problem, we had both offtanks tank the adds in different sides of the room and put 3 mages on the adds, but that turned out not to be enough to get the adds down quick enough so the tanks never have to tank more than one add.

I've got some questions:
    -What causes the Swarm Scarabs (white adds) to become red and 'enraged', regaining their health and becoming immune to movement slowing effects?
    -what's the best way to kill Swarm Scarabs? we tried mostly single targeting them down but they didnt go down quick enough, we always had to finish some off when Anub came above again.
    -How much dpsers should be put on the bigger adds?
    -Do you assign 1 person to keep killing the frost spheres?

Just cleared 10 man, and some notes to make compared to 25 man are as follows:

-Only 2 Crypt Fiends come out in each above ground phase, and only 1 at a time. To optimise dps on Anub'arak, all dps killed the first one asap, then when the second came out, the OT held him on a permafrost until phase 2 began. When phase 2 began, ranged killed the Scarabs and melee killed the Crypt Fiend.

-There are fewer of the orbs, but there should be no reason why there is not enough to handle all the phases (we got him to 30% just at the end of the second phase 1, he still did his phase 2, but initiated phase 3 as soon as he surfaced).

-Druid and DK tanks help a lot for phase 2, since they can range attack (druids can go to their KE/Tauren forms and DK's can icy touch and death coil while taunting to kite).

The grp that I led was a PUG, but we 1 shot him with only 1 healer dying.

Tanks: DK and Druid
    Heals: Pally, Druid, Shammy
    DPS: Lock, Pally, Rogue, Mage and Hunter

25 Regular Kill Strat

Hey all,

Our guild downed this last night with relative ease in 25 Regular.

Raid Makeup:

3 Tanks
    5 Healers
    17 DPS

Phase 1:
    - For this phase we only killed the first add that spawned
    - We had 2 OT's tank the remaining 3 adds, one tanking 2 adds the other tank 1 add and ALL dps was on the boss

Phase 2 (Burrow):
    - First we finished off the three adds being held
    - Then we just killed the non-elites avoiding spikes etc

Phase 1 (Again):
    - Same strat as above with Phase 1

Phase 2 (Again):
    - Same strat as above with Phase 2

Phase 1 (You must get him to Phase 3 Here):
    - Again we killed the first ADD only and all dps burn-forced the boss to go into phase 3 to ensure he doesn't burrow again.
    - About 20 seconds before Phase 3 we popped Bloodlust, burned the boss to 30% and burned the remaining 3 adds

Phase 3:
    - Make sure all the adds are dead
    - All DPS on the boss
    - To avoid overhealing we assigned healers to 1 or 2 groups individually

Overall, this is a very fun fight and definetly takes focus and good heals to get it done. Hope this strat helps people.

Quote Originally Posted by Etubrute View Post
    Hey all,

Our guild downed this last night with relative ease in 25 Regular.

Raid Makeup:

3 Tanks
    5 Healers
    17 DPS

Phase 1:
    - For this phase we only killed the first add that spawned...
    We only had 20 raiders on last night (+ 3 non-guild friends helping) and this tactic worked beautifully for us, thanks It's more of a DPS race than it initially seems (phase 3 is scary for the healers, but not too much healing is required, more about precision of healing than throughput).

Quote Originally Posted by Chunes View Post
    Could someone tell me what the debuff tracker mod Lore is using top center in his screen is called?

(Before you waggle your finger at me and tell me to consult his UI thread, please note that this mod is not included nor mentioned in any of his documentation or any of the replies.)
    Wondering at the same.

I would love to see the 25 man remake of this guide. As always you folks do a great job, and out constantly keeping me alive

So far the best strat for this fight i've seen in 25m is leaving 3 adds for p2, just burn 1 and then hit the boss, doing that you will only face 3 p2, even maybe only 2. Unless your dps is very high, then you can posibly burn 2 w/o dropping dmg on the boss. When melee is done w the 3 adds in P2 they can help w the scarabs, as long as they dont eat too many stacks of the dmg.
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein

How do you keep the dang scarabs off the tank? Every time it seems, one of them gets a wild hair to chase me down and when Anub comes back up I have at least 4 stacks of the dang debuff and it makes the healers wanna poke out my eyes with hot pokers!
    "Friendship is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel it's true warmth."

Quote Originally Posted by Nuurdie View Post
    How do you keep the dang scarabs off the tank? Every time it seems, one of them gets a wild hair to chase me down and when Anub comes back up I have at least 4 stacks of the dang debuff and it makes the healers wanna poke out my eyes with hot pokers!
    If you have a paladin in the raid.. Have them /focus you. Doesnt matter if its ret prot or healer. However ret or prot is better. When you get a add chasing you just call out for your paladin friend to use this macro.

/cast [target=focus] Righteous Defense

That will pull the adds off you and to the paladin. Our druid tank does this often and I taunt off her all the time so she is kept clean. She goes kitty for p2, to avoid adds and kite the boss if he targets her.
    The only thing better than being able to tank, is realizing that you no longer need to prove that you can.

The tanks have to be very careful during phase 2 to not aggro the adds, even if that means doing very little dps, use this time to help slow things down if you are a dk with chains of ice, if you're a warrior, stun the crap out of things or hamstring em if you're ballsy, paladins can avenger's shield, and druids can feral charge. It's kind of a tough situation because you want to help burn them too and keep em off of your squishies, but if you don't keep em off of your MT, he's as good as dead if he gets too many stacks going into an emerge.

Daimon is pretty spot on in terms of how my raid handles it except we burn down the first "set" of adds so 2, then the 2nd set I just hold em until phase 2 begins.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Chunes View Post
    Could someone tell me what the debuff tracker mod Lore is using top center in his screen is called?

(Before you waggle your finger at me and tell me to consult his UI thread, please note that this mod is not included nor mentioned in any of his documentation or any of the replies.)
    probably his scrolling battle text mod, parrot. You can customize most battle text mods so certain events will be sticky, meaning when it pops up it will not scroll and will appear in bold text. I have the same thing, but i use MiksScrollingBattleText. I don't know about parrot, but with miks you can also add sound effects for any specific event you want, like talent or trinket procs.

I would love to see more DK tanking videos, great job as always, thanks tankspot!

This was alot of help managed to down him after three attempts with my guild thanx tankspot

+ Reply to Thread