+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Socket bonuses that are worth it

Socket bonuses that are worth it

Anyone have any comments on which socket bonuses are worth it?

On my current gear I've got the following bonuses available:

+8 dodge
    +4 dodge
    +6 defense rating
    +6 stamina
    +4 defense

The only example I've seen is that stuff with +9, go for, otherwise don't bother and just gem as you want. I usually go for the defense bonuses tho, no matter how small they are.

Its really up to what you want to stack on the piece. Lets take the 8dodge for example, you have a choice between a 30stam gem and lets say a 10dodge/15stam gem (to meet the bonus). So you would be losing 15stam but gaining 18dodge.

Itemization wise that works out well but is it an avoidance piece?
    I basically do that calculation with all my socket bonuses. I usually find though 4dodge, 6stam, 4defence aren’t worth chasing but its always worth testing.

As a Warrior, I'd rather start stacking stamina. I assume you're not equipped with the highest tiers of loot seeing as you're going for defense bonuses. Stamina stacking would make you a more viable tank for later raids (especially in the eyes of non-tanking oriented raid leaders who see little beyond your HP count).

i stack pure +30 stam gems, except for the +10 dodge and +15 stam gem required for the meta to work.

I never notice myself being down on avoidance. The only socket bonus I would take would be a +9 stam or + 6 stam if it had blue sockets or 1 blue and 1 red and I could replace my dodge+stam gem from another piece of gear.

Well... All socket bonuses are worth looking at from a pure standing power perspective, I think. Except for stuff like expertise(when you have enough), and parry/block rating(One is worth little on most gear setups and the other 'caps'), any socket bonus that doesn't drop a critical stat is a good bonus.

I generally go for 30 stam gems. I have a 10def 15stam in my helmet with a 12stam socket bonus, a 10expertise 15stam for my meta in my crafted belt with 9stam bonus, and a 10hit 15stam in my boots, with a 9stam bonus. I feel that sometimes threat stats are worth more than a few stam.

avoidance socket bonuses are pretty much worthless once you start getting hit harder by diminishing returns.

stamina = win

+ Reply to Thread