Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Info on new Ony?

Info on new Ony?

Has anyone put together a list of the changes wrt to Ony with 3.2.2?

Ive heard about a new add in p2. Thats about all I know.

Onyxia (tactics) - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

that's all I've seen about it. apparently it isn't too different.

Is she still immune to fire damage?

No

Incredibly easy compared to vanilla wow, boss adds do crap dmg, hp is nothing no threat wipes boss is taunt able. ect ect

Another fight where Blizz has made melee dps useless.

Both in spawning adds that require melee to run out (Guardians), and in not allowing her to be hit by melee after the first 8 seconds or so in p2.

Sucks.

Bring your ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukrow View Post
    Incredibly easy compared to vanilla wow, boss adds do crap dmg, hp is nothing no threat wipes boss is taunt able. ect ect
    she was incredibly easy in vanilla so i didn't expect much in difficulty. just a fun fight.

Instructions for new Ony:

Walk into raid instance with at least 5 or 6 people.
    Hit buttons.
    Collect loot several minutes later.

Yeah after our server stabilized we one shot her with ease.

p2 was the only phase remotely difficult and thats just managing the adds.

Of Note: It does appear that she will deep breath faster the longer you are in p2, so its important to keep some ranged DPS on her.

Overall just a really fun fight!

Is there a need for Fire resist?

Highly doubt it since there are only fire res pots available.

No fire resistance needed.
    Fire Breath damage is low relative to health compared with level 60
    Wing Buffet Damage is relatively high relative to health compared to level 60 (~18k)
    No threat wipes, so just burn phase 1 as fast as possible.
    An add spawns regularly in phase 2 that needs to be tanked. He applies a weapon enchant to himself that will hit everyone around him for 25k if he strikes while the buff is active. Disarming/Dismantling him during the buff negates this and allows melee to concentrate on him.
    Deep breaths are easier to avoid and do less relative damage than at 60.
    Phase 3 is essentially the same.

Melee are hardly useless on this fight. Just stand away from the adds tank and kill the dragon fast.

The extra adds in phase 2 caught me by surprise, but it was a pretty fun fight. For the first time in quite a while I was excited before a fight. Titans and worms are all good and well, but there is just something special about tanking a dragon. So many whelps! Our hunter was destroyed by them early into them spawning, and we still got the speed kill achievement.

Plus I want to dualwield the new and old Quel. I'll look hella sexy and all the girls will love me.

Quote Originally Posted by Posolutely View Post
    Another fight where Blizz has made melee dps useless.

Both in spawning adds that require melee to run out (Guardians), and in not allowing her to be hit by melee after the first 8 seconds or so in p2.

Sucks.

Bring your ranged.
    Melee can still hit her while she is in the air. Like they could before the revamp. Just stand underneath her and you can hit her or build threat for phase 3, if you are the tank.
    The box said: "Requires Windows 98 or better.", so I installed Linux.

If you have smart melee there is no problem but thats the crunch ... the usual pug retards 2 melee tops much easier fight for range.

Melee retard checks.

Phase 1:
    Can I find flank of onyxia and not get hit by wing buffet and tail whip.

Big adds (phase 1 and 2):
    If I am assigned to dps the big adds down can I run 10 yards away when it starts casting blast nova.

Phase 2:
    Can I find onyxia in the air to dps.
    Can I get to wall or behind her when she does deep breath

Phase 3:
    When she fears am I feared anywhere near tank and in risk of getting wing buffet or fire blast.

Easiest tactic I found after a couple of runs on diff tanks

Phase 1:
    Pull, turn her and walk her to back wall tank her there. OT picks up big adds and takes away from everyone to be burnt down by assigned grp smart melee or ranged.

Phase 2:
    1 tank to each side of pits pick up welps as they come out. Range stays on onyxia allow tanks to build up agro on welps. You can now send the melee or aoe the welps down but you have to allow tanks to build up agro if the aoe jumps the gun they will die. By now a big add will start to appear they get picked up by a tank and burnt down preferably by smart melee (yeah I know). Whenever onyxia does deep breath I simply went hard to wall with welps and big add if need be and it was fine.

Phase 3:
    You get the warning from DBM or if you have set focus on her you see the landing cast. DPS must stop she often fears straight on landing another dps retard check. As MT run for back wall its hard to move much once she is down between fears and taunt and do your agro move shield toss, heroic toss or the like. Shaman tremor totem and fear ward tank as much as possible but you never get 100% control dps needs to know to stay away from the tank after any fear because she has a habbit of wing buffet and fire blast at the tank after a fear and anyone in the line of fire dies. This is another reason ranged is easier because they tend to be a long way from tank when feared. Hang on, rez the dead ... collect loot.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Big adds in p1? I know on 10man we never got any. Did you kill all the trash (including that one in the corner)? If not itll come on the pull, thats probally the add you're thinking of.

There are no Lair Guardians in Phase 1, on 10 or 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Strit View Post
    Melee can still hit her while she is in the air. Like they could before the revamp. Just stand underneath her and you can hit her or build threat for phase 3, if you are the tank.

So, your information is completely different from the 200 others I've run pugs with on Ony this week?

You can hit her for about 15 seconds. Once she goes into full flight, melee cannot hit her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenier View Post
    There are no Lair Guardians in Phase 1, on 10 or 25 man.
    Thats really weird I got it three times on 2 diff servers wonder if that was one of the hotfix bugs I noticed the other the initial raid reset was 6hrs rather than 6 days so we got to do it twice on the same day. And yep killed all 4 adds at start 3 walking and 1 in corner.

They restarted the instance servers twice ... hmm will have to check on one of other tanks something weird there.

And I also thought first time we ran it melee couldn't hit her so not sure on that either will see if I can check.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.