Thread: 25man Faction champs kill order

25man Faction champs kill order

my guildies and I disagree on the kill order on the faction champions in 25man. I think focus fire on dps first (less dpsers they have less damage we take=longer fight). my GM says take weakest heals out then go to dps. could someone give me there opinion please!

It really just depends.

Some comps require different orders for you to try out.

We usually go for 1-2 healers first then the dps. Healers just gotta be able to heal though, use CDs, cleanse, while others CC through their dps.

We did try DPS first in one time, needed massive priest dispels to get rid of the resto druid hots to burn through the dps.

But again, it all depends on their comp, your comp, and adapt.

Thank you! gonna try ur strat this week. =)

We have our Mages go Frost for this fight and we assign one to summon their Water Elemental and have him cast his ranged Frost Nova on the Faction Champions - this will hit almost all of them and the vast majority of them will trinket out of it, meaning they have to wait 2 minutes before they can trinket out of any CC.

What we do is we have three Plate DPS assigned to keeping their DPS occupied (Paladins are especially good at this) - while they can't be tanked in a strict sense, having two taunts, plus Hammer of Justice and Repentance can keep them busy for a lot of the fight - make sure they're cautious with timing and leave enough time for taunt immunity to fall off or CC DR to fade. Takes a bit of getting used to, but Paladins or Prot Warriors can do wonders in this regard.

We then focus the rest of our DPS on burning two of the healers. Obviously the exact order will depend on their makeup, but I'd go for the Resto Druid or Resto Shaman first - and remember to keep killing the Healing Stream totem. From there go to the next most dangerous healer. I'd say Tree > Shammy > Priest > Paladin in terms of most to least annoying.

Once you have two healers down, pick up the most irritating of the DPS you have (probably one of the three being "tanked") and get the person who was occupying them to move to another DPS and do the taunt / CC cycle thing on them. One healer won't keep them up all that well so as long as enough of you made it past killing the two healers you should have enough DPS to burn through them. If you're leaving the Holy Paladin up, be ready with Mass Dispel / Shattering Throw for when they bubble.

In terms of nuking their DPS, I'd go Rogue > Warrior > Death Knight > Retri Paladin > Hunter > Clothies. Go through all the DPS and then kill the lone healer last.

We found that having a strict CC rotation tends to fall apart the moment someone inevitably dies so we just tell people to spread their CC around the key targets (healers, then DPS we've marked up) and not CC the same guy twice in a row. The key thing was getting the "tanks" to do everything they can to keep the DPS under control. Taunts may only work for a few seconds, but it does still make the difference.

A Warlock can keep the Druid Tree out of the fight with Banish x 3, Fear x 3, repeat. With the Tree locked down we stick an Interrupter on one of the other healers and burn down the 3rd one, then move to dps. As Mert said, Rogue should die first, he can really mess up your clothies/healers. Our DK tank is very effective at keeping the Warrior occupied with Death Grips, Chains and Taunts, trying to keep him as far from the raid as possible, then calling out on vent if he WW's towards the rest of the group. But in general, their Melee should be your biggest concern. Once you have the Healer and 2-3 of their strongest DPS down, take down the 2nd Healer and as long as you have the majority of your group up still, you win. We are not an 'uber' guild by any means and we've managed to 1 shot this for a few weeks and had 0 deaths last night. Once everyone learns their role it gets much easier.

I found most dangerous -> less dangerous is the way to go.

Rogue high priority kill target. If we have a rogue it dies first
    Paladin next if one is available. first to kill if no rogue is there
    <any other healer>
    after that you kill the melee dpsers before casters.

I'd agree with Mert said, his suggestions are pretty spot on for kill order.

We got a rather weird combo last night, very melee heavy.

But our guild usually does 2 healers first(shammy/priest/druid) then melee(rogue/warrior). We usually use myself(Prot Warrior) and a DK to kite/stun/interrupt the rogue/dk/warriors and have our rogues on the healers, seems to work well. But the key as Mert pointed out is switching up your CC. I like to wait & SW once I am in a big group, also fear is your friend, use it early & often.

Good luck!

Its intersting the different methods people use.

For our 25man kill we took down the pets first strangely enough, however with low HP pools they were a quick easy kill, we quickly followed by ridding ourselves of the rogue and enhance shammy, followed by the soft cloth dps.

We had 3 rogues, 1 on each healer, but even so we did have to fight through a considerable amount of healing, having said that ridding ourselves of the dps quickly certainly meant we could survive a bit longer. Our 1st 25man kill took 23 mintues

I would reccomend going for the clothies first though in most cases, i find the melee are kited without to much trouble and if you look at the damage meters the shadow priest and lock are always on top, ok they're damage is sustained rather than burst but its still a heavy load on your healers/dispellers.

For our guild:

2 healers --> kill rogue (if he's there) --> kill warrior (he's been there everytime we've been there) --> Ret Pally/DK --> by the time we get here, we pretty much won. So we just start picking off the remaining dps and leave the 3rd healer last.

After the nerf to the damage of the champions, this ecounter just got ridiculously easy...

For our guild, we usually follow this strat: :

-Healer (the toughest one, which would be Druid or Shaman if the Druid is not present).
    -4 DPS (if you get the 4 melee comp, Shaman - Rogue - Warrior - DK)
    -Healer (Paladin (I believe she always apears)
    -3 DPS (if you get the 4 melee 3 ranged dps: Hunter - Warlock - Pets - Shadow Priest)
    -Healer (this would be the Dwarf Priest, that a Prot Warrior can keep locked down without too much issue).

We keep two tanks on the two healers that we'll kill later. A melee DPS (DK does great against it), can taunt and Chains of Ice the melee shaman or the warrior. Two-Three teams of two CC's (doesn't matter which CCs as long as they're on top of it) for the remainder melee.

As these teams are beeing freed up of their respective objectives (as soon as you start focusing that champion down), they move onto the next target (this would be either a melee or a ranged dps). Once you're down to 3 dps and a healer, you can focus fire down every dps without too much CC.

Everyone else should use CC as they see fit and/or in case where survivability is at risk.

If you get the Moonkin, or the mage, kill either of them after the first healer, as it cuts down a big chunk of their dps/cc capabilities.

I hope something of this helps

There's a LW item (forget its name exactly, Drums of Somethingorother) that has 50 charges and fears up to five mobs for a few seconds with a 2 minute cooldown. It requires 350 LW to use it but, crucially, it works on Level 80+ mobs (most of the other items along this line don't). If you have any leatherworkers in your raid, get them to bring one of these things and it all helps. Plus, there's nothing weirder than seeing your Rogue running around fearing stuff :P

Tried Mert's suggestion, worked like a charm!!!! perfectly executed to tho may I add.....lol Thanks Mert

(heroic)The easiest way of dealing with faction champs is to get rid of the healing Priest and then any of the shamans. Once you've got rid of those 2 the fight becomes quite straight forward and you kill what ever you don't have control over that much. We personally leave the rogue till last since on heroic he seems to go berzerk if you try kill him and then you usually lose people. With the shaman down ayou gain alot more control because of tremor gone. (Yes even kill the enh shaman second or first its way more dangerous than the rogue)...

On heroic since the DPS cannot be controlled as well you want to kill them first. We kill the shaman and other melee dps first. On normal you can easily control the DPS so kill the healers first. Either shaman dies first due to the OP nature of totems and heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by lochlion View Post
    Tried Mert's suggestion, worked like a charm!!!! perfectly executed to tho may I add.....lol Thanks Mert
    Glad to have helped, grats on your kill

Mert helped us too

We'd been stuck on the 25-man faction champs for a while killing maybe 2, so we tried something based on a few things I had read.

3 tanks on their dps
    3 healers who used target-of-their-target to focus heal those dps targets
    Warlock was fear/banishing the tree
    Hunter whose job was to attack pets to distract the NPC heals

We had 3 tanks, 6 healers.. We only had 2 ppl die, one of them had disconnected.

We killed Resto shaman, resto druid, rogue, warrior, DK, holy pally, boomkin, hunter, warlock, shadow priest
    Last edited by Benolan; 09-28-2009 at 06:34 PM.

My guild always seems to go after squishy DPS first. Usually that's the mage or rogue first (or warlock pet). Tanks usually are assigned to lock down healers the best they can. And everyone just needs to keep their heads up and watch for the warrior/enh shaman/DK and move if necessary.
    Everything is FABULOUS with warrior tanks again.