+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gem and enchant advice

Gem and enchant advice

Trying to figure out how to gem/enchant my current set of gear. Doing it in a planner before buying all those expensive gems and enchants and not doing it right.

The plan is to look something like this:

chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner

All the gear on that list I have currently ( with some planned upgrades for boots and bracers ). Just curious if anyone has some pointers or comments.

Thanks!

Your proposed gear has an awful lot of hit and expertise gems. While these are valuable threat stats, you'll find your gear will be pretty well itemized for it as you go along. What kind of content are you planning on tanking in the near future? Are you currently experiencing threat issues with your dps?

Right now it's 90% heroics with an occasional 10 man OS. I run with a small group of friends, but we'd like to get into Ulduar/ToC 10 at some point if we can find more people.

I generally pull about 4.5 to 5k tps but I have a well-geared DW frost DK and Boomkin who are close on my tail most of the time on the threat meters.

I'm not exactly sure what to gem/enchant for, other than to keep my defense above 540. I can gem for more avoidance or more stamina I suppose. I don't have multiple gear sets yet ( hit 80 about 2 or 3 weeks ago ) - so I have yet to build up some backup pieces for avoidance/EH/threat - just been trying to keep everything generally balanced.

You're probably right on target then for heroics - you've got enough of a health pool that survivability shouldn't be an issue with moderately competent heals.

If, down the road, you venture into raid content, generally stacking stam while letting gear itemization take care of threat/avoidance is advisable.

Looks very good for 2-3 weeks of work.

Just keep running heroics and getting triumph badges everyday.

Id buy the neck from the vendor for conquest badges, and I'd get the blacksmith belt/boots also. Your expertise is fine and so is hit.

If your threat is getting a little low and your only doing heroics/os 10 etc.

Use glyph of cleave and devastate and blocking.

If you really want to increase ur tps a lot for heroics getting block gear can get u way up there for heroics. I can hit 9-10k in a block set in heroics, but I wouldn't ever use in 10/25man content.

As a fellow Warrior tank, my advice for you is to drop the expertise gems. Yeah, they're great, but in place of that you could stack Dodge/stam gems or def/stam stuff. I have one hit rating gem, and the rest is Def/Stam/Str, or a combination of them. Otherwise I find that your gear is pretty good for only a few weeks work.

+ Reply to Thread