+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ArP Help

ArP Help

Can anyone try to explain how ArP works to me. Also i have questions like what does ArP on gear stack with like sunder/battle stance/mace spec. I am generally just lost when it comes to how all of the ArP interacts with each other and how vaguely it reads reduces armor by UP TO X%. meaning it doesn't always reduce armor by that %?

Also for PvP purposes if it is just a Flat % reduction does that make it more effective when used against lower armored targets like mage/warlocks?

Correct PvP ArP info for Warrs - Arena Junkies Forums

Should get you on your way to understanding. It is PvP oriented, but makes sense.

lets say a boss has 10k armor (?? type bosses in game have 13k) for the ease of math. sunder armor, faerie faire, and shattering throw reduce (since its armor reduction abilities) armor from 10k. 5 sunder stacks is 20% armor reduction, so 10k goes down to 8k. your personal armor penetration (note the wording difference meaning a different approach to it) then works on that 8k armor. you will need 100% personal arp to get that 8k armor to 0. now, you cant hit absolute 0 armor on a boss, unless you have 5 sunders, faerie fire, and shattering throw all up along with 100% personal arp. armor reduction abilities do not add with armor penetration, rather they are multiplicative, easily explaned in the example. arp from gear, gems and stance are added towards your 100% personal arp rating, but you cant add armor reduction like sunders.

for pvp, arp is great against plate wearers like warriors, dks, and pallies while not so great against cloth. the more armor a player/mob has the better arp is, while at lower armor values (any class wearing mail and below) strength is better. i wear my grim toll not only for the hit rating that i dont need gemmed into my pvp gear, but also because arp is godly against plate cleave teams (which is quite a good % in arenas these days).
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    now, you cant hit absolute 0 armor on a boss, unless you have 5 sunders, faerie fire, and shattering throw all up along with 100% personal arp.
    This is wrong. You need 5 stacks of Sunder/Expose armor and Faerie Fire/Shattering throw. You do not need both FF and Shattering throw.

please check out the simple arp calculator...

Simple ArPen calculator

you need 5 sunders, faerie fire, and shattering throw along with 100% personal arp to hit 0 armor (can include food buff, arp elixir, battle stance and mace spec)

i was wrong saying raid bosses had 13k armor, when really they have 10,643 (mixed my numbers somewhere).
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

You might want to retry the calculator... Click the buff by Sunder and the one by FF, and put in 100% where it says "ArPen from gear in %" or put 90% there and also click battle stance... Then click the button that says "Calculate". Then please look at the bottom of the page where it says "Target Armor, capped" The number next to that will then 0, and next to it will say 0.0%

Below that line it will read "63.98% damage increase
    - 100.00% effective ArPen"

The boss having 0 armor and you haveing 100% effective armor pen means the boss has Zero armor and you are ignoring all armor.

+ Reply to Thread