+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dread's UI

Dread's UI

DOWNLOAD

Not the best screenshot, but you should get the picture. This is Heroic Violet Hold. Needs some tweaking, I was lazy with my target buffs frame, so adjust the position as you see fit. Pitbull also needs some adjusting. I'll make my own updates and fix the download but you should be able to take this and run with it.

The List

Installation:
    Quick way: Back up your own AddOns and WTF folders by creating a new folder on the desktop and copying the files into it. Then, extract mine that you downloaded in place of yours. Then open the WTF folder and rename everything to match your own.

Long, thoroughly explained way

This is a .rar file. Inside are two folders, "AddOns" and "WTF"
    First, extract the folder Dread UI.rar somewhere unimportant, like your desktop.
    Then, open up that new folder, Dread UI. Inside will be the two folders I just listed. Open AddOns. Select the entire contents of that folder, and Copy them.

Then, navigate over to your own AddOns folder, go inside, and Paste in all of my own mods. This may take a short while - you will most likely have to overwrite some files. However, as of posting this updated version on 2/2/2010, all of my mod versions are the newest working versions available, double-checked before I compiled. So, overwriting should be fine.

Once done with AddOns, open up the folder "Dread UI" on your desktop again, and this time open "WTF". Open the next folder, "Account". Open the next folder, "YourAccountName"

Two folders will be in there now. Open "SavedVariables", select every file in there, and hit Copy. Then, go into your own SavedVariables folder (Remember, it will be \wow\WTF\Account\youraccountname\SavedVariables\ and paste in all of my variables you copied.

Then, go back and open "YourServerName", then "YourCharacterName", then the "SavedVariables" folder in there, and once again, copy the contents, and paste it into that same directory of your own. \Account\YourAccountName\YourServerName\YourCharac terName\SavedVariables\

If your UI is all screwed up when you log in, (it probably will be), do this:

Log in, type /bar, click on "Profiles" on the bottom left. From the "Existing Profiles" drop down menu, choose Dread - Shattered Hand. (You also get to see the names of my other characters/servers, because I was lazy and didn't edit that out oh noes)

Then uncheck "lock" on the top left, and re-check it, locking stuff again.
    Last edited by Dreadski; 02-18-2010 at 11:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Very nice UI Cool and clean

this is just xav's UI...

Quote Originally Posted by ae0n3 View Post
    this is just xav's UI...

I appreciate the feedback, but the only thing that's the same as his is the layout of the target and player frames, everything else is my own. Again, thanks for the feedback, but you should just keep it to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ae0n3 View Post
    this is just xav's UI...
    Might be but still its cool, its good and clean just like Xav, but this one got a little more twist to it

Made and making more adjustments to the UI. 25 ICC tonight, so I'll get a good boss shot and post it up here. Still working on the target buffs frame, which you almost never see on bosses anyway, moreso on other players. The debuffs work great. I need to adjust the position of the small DBM bars, because when I did a name change from DrÍad to Dread, I had to reset all my profiles, and conveniently forgot to do it with DBM. I'll have that fixed tonight as the small bars try to overlap my player debuff bar.

hey whats the name of the addon that is in the middle? that show ur skill that is rdy, ?

whats the resolution on this ui set up

Quote Originally Posted by vilulina View Post
    hey whats the name of the addon that is in the middle? that show ur skill that is rdy, ?
    That's Satrina Buff Frame. I use 7 or 8 different frames for different things, the mod is that powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by cykosomething View Post
    whats the resolution on this ui set up
    1680x1050 if I remember correctly. I canceled my account back in April so I can't log in to confirm. Might be back sooner or later but the hard drive is dead so the UI will change slightly. Also this was not the latest variation of my UI, I did make some significant changes before leaving the game. I switched to ICEHUD for one thing and also set up more SBF frames to watch my shouts, procs and mob debuffs. UI-crafting is always a fine tuning art.

+ Reply to Thread